Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sidescroller in 3.0 [Eclipse Contribution]

shrig94

Munro and I are making a SideScroller in 3.0\. But we want to know what you, eclipse, likes in a 2d game.

So what do you guys want that isn't often found in most Eclipse and/or SideScrolling games and what are somethings that we absolutely need established.

Also, Munro and I couldn't think of a name, so if anyone has a good one up for grabs, throw it out there.

@DoomzDai:

> Horizon Project?
>
> Anyway, how the hell are you doing that with a bet o_O

What do you mean by bet?

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,47388.msg484402/topicseen.html#new](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,47388.msg484402/topicseen.html#new)

Most likely Fantasy, but I was considering Sci Fi (since its very different).
Really, I'm fine with most genres, as long as the artist can pull it off. Unless its medieval…then forget it.
But I was thinking either traditional fantasy or a futuristic, sci-fi, megaman like SS.
I can work with most anything, but I always have problems with the artists getting bored. (even I as an artist have gotten bored, so I know how this feels) So, really, I want something our artist will work with, even if its far fetched, as long as its not completely stupid, I'm fine.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Wow, nice idea guys. Would have never thought of it. Good luck with this and I am bowing down to you since you apparently already have so much to show for this. This is pure **genius**.

We aren't after or against you for any reason. Just calm down. Munro and I were actually thinking of starting without an engine and making this, but we decided that would take too long. We like Lostica, and we don't plan on copying it. And it will be very different than Lostica, because we don't want to be just some Lostica clone.
Just chill, we have had this idea for a while and have different intentions and goals then Lostica. We wish you no harm, Miguu.

@[SB:

> Shri (shrig94) link=topic=47389.msg484407#msg484407 date=1246449369]
> Also, Munro and I couldn't think of a name, so if anyone has a good one up for grabs, throw it out there.

Ostica? lol jk

how bout cool skills and spells?
like skill animations and such

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Wow, nice idea guys. Would have never thought of it. Good luck with this and I am bowing down to you since you apparently already have so much to show for this. This is pure **genius**.

Yeah and you invented 2D sidescrolling mmorpgs.
:rolleyes:

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

What? because you made the first Eclipse sidescroller we arent alowed to use the idea without you getting mad? As Anna, said its not like you invented side scrollers.

Lol, I knew everyone would freak out when I posted what I did. I am not mad even though I laid on the sarcasm a bit too much. I am all for this idea but found it funny you guys referred to this topic as if it were a new idea.

@Zetta:

> Secret of Evermore was an actual good game for the SNES. Although ironically it was **not** sidescroller. This game is probably my no2 favourite with Chronos Trigger being no1\.
> ![](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Secret_of_Evermore.jpg)

lmao HM.
That had nearly nothing to do with the topic xD
I guess I could say I'm shouting out to you by naming it secret since you made the original engine xD