Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

�¼Ñ��¸Ñ‡Ä¡Ä¡ÎµÑ‚'s lateral thinking puzzlez.

Patrick

Okays. Who ever gets the most points from the 30 puzzles wins an uber picture.

The sixth mighty puzzle!

Here is a picture figure out what the song it represents is.
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/c78ebee392564f915edb3fc90ef47292.bmp)

Point allocation:
♪♫♪ Derrick ♪♫♪ = 2
Desi = 1
askelj = 1
Miguu = 1
Teh roujo = 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, here goes. 10 letters. 10 numbers.

First thing I notice. 6 Ts in first column. T must be 1, or else N > 10\. N, therefore, must be 6 + the carry over from the last column. To be determined. 5 Vs Plus T is T, so the carry over from the previous column must either be 5 or 0\. 5 Es plus Y is Y, so E cannot be odd. If E is not odd, then 5 Es plus Y cannot total 50 or more. Therefore, E must be 0 and V must be an even number. 5 0s and Y obviously will equal Y, so Y will be the last number to find. That said, I glanced at the E - I column. 0 plus I plus the carry over from the last line equals N. Since N > 6, there is no way for I to be a high number, so the carry over from that line must be 0\. Given this, W must be odd, else 5 of them would make a 0, and 0 plus H cannot equal I. Since I must be a low number, as mentioned, H, therefore, must now be > 6\. Since H > 6, W can be no greater than 5, as that would push the final column above 10\. W must be 3 or 5\. N must, therefore, be 8 or 9\. If N is at least 8, then I must be at least 3, as the greatest carryover possible in a column is 5\. Since I is less than 5 but greater than 2, that means it can only be 3 or 4\. As a result, H can only be 8 or 9\. That brings me to Ls and Rs. Since I is only 3 or 4, and N is 8 or 9, 5 Ls and an R must total 40 (as 50 or 60 is not possible due to taken slots). This makes L have to be 6 or 7\. If L is 6, that gives 30 of 40\. To achieve 10 more, R must be as high as possible, 7, but even then, V would be 4, and the total would be too low. Therefore, L has to be 7\. Since we now know that this column totals 40, that means I + 4 = N. The only way to satisfy this is 4 and 8\. So we get that I is 4, N is 8, and H is 9\. Because of this, 5Ws plus H cannot be more than 20, so W must be 3\. R can no longer be 6, so it must be 2, making V 6\. Y, therefore, is 5.

T - 1
W - 3
E - 0
L - 7
V - 6
H - 9
I - 4
R - 2
Y - 5
N - 8

```
______
```
tl;dr - I win

@Desiderium:

> Did the teacher have some code to make sure he only picked oens who knew the answer, like putting so many fingers up or something?

Yep. But they didn't put fingers up or anything. They just put up their hand.

@мсичġġεт:

> Third Puzzle. An nifty one.
> A man was walking downstairs when he suddenly realized his wife had died. How

I know the answer. I've heard one like this before. I'll sit this one out, but PM my answer.