Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Red

Alster

@Owen:

> okay so i've never used source before really
> And i was thinking
> can source use #Include?
> because then it could include heaps of text files, but there would still be a reason for having VB6 such as editing gui and such

#include is just added into Sadscript. VBS neither VB actually support preprocessing at all. As all the files get combined anyway in VB6 unlike C/C++.

@Snoop:

> yer i think you can…. and p.s i like ya sig owen ;)

No, you can't.

@Owen:

> well how does that go with his theory of not using VB6?
> seriously if it can use includes that would be pretty cool. Similar to Admirals main.txt

It doesn't need to use #include, neither does it need preprocessing, it's worthless in VB6.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@xelander:

> Godlord is really on to unsupport this thing? :c
> Id love to see how this will go.

When features like those are mentioned then I don't trust the project and I usually start wondering if the developer(s) behind such project realise that their project will never be able to have all those features completed.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> When features like those are mentioned then I don't trust the project and I usually start wondering if the developer(s) behind such project realise that their project will never be able to have all those features completed.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

To be honest I did realize the 3D stuff and the 'editing without VB6' thing was pretty far fetched. But this idea was thought up at 3AM after a pretty long day.

However, after some research I have found that OpenGL implementation would/will be quite easy. Basically you just need to reference 1 more file. Then it's just the task of converting the OpenGL code from C# to VB6 - which is possible.

However the edit without VB6 thing is almost impossible - because as Godlord said you would need to write up a compiler which can be done but isn't worth it.

UPDATE.

Here's some nice 3D stuff in VB6\. It's using OpenGL by the way.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/eccc67920a385f3ac5ad2c37be09ee78.JPG)

You can move around also.
I've also found a rather nice physics engine… Only problem is my graphics card can't handle it (I'm 1 model down).

@♥♠DDunit:

> Nice stuff.
>
> I'm curious how the editor will work with this.

At the moment it looks like it won't. All things 3D will have to be hard coded. That's why the engine will only include 3D support.

However, once I get all the other stuff done I might start work on a 3D editor. It would require some OpenGL knowledge but not as much as you'd have to know to build everything from scratch.

[…](http://www.pauldahuach.com.ar/program_en.htm#vbGL2)

Also:
@Godlord:

> And you'll have to write a VB6 lexer, parser and various other things such as a linker :icon_nif:.
> Models only isn't flexible enough. You'll need things like raycasting, blending, **octrees**, collision, etc. and I'm not aware of VB6 supporting SIMD at all.
> What if the user changes it and wants to remove the script, how would it ever detect the script? And how would you prevent interfering scripts?
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

And BSP as response for an editor :icon_nif:.

Regards,
  Godlord.