Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The importance of school work

Valon328

SCHOOL'S HERE!

bout a month ago….

Well anyways, back on topic, everybody likes school right? (not really) but you do still have to take it. And probably some of you would need to get good grades or else you get sp@nked by your mom or dad. Or atleast get beat up or something. And that WILL affect your activeness in eclipse and other stuff XD I hope I made this topic to let people leave their names here if you are going to be a bit inactive because of schoolwork so everybody else would not kick you out or think ur game is gone :P

ME STARTZ!!! VALON ISH GOING TO HAVE TONS OF HOMEWORK!!!  :cry:

@[Šß:

> 超人 ŠhÃdÓw ñíñjä ¤Vålöñ¤ シ link=topic=51933.msg546601#msg546601 date=1253221530]
> but you do still have to take it.

Not in most countries… Including the United Kingdom and the United States.

@♥♠DDunit:

> You're also in school. O-o

University. I have 3 months summer vacations and even during the semester I don't do too much. Unis are not considered in the school system in here - they are above normal schools, have diffrent rules, grading systems and are generaly independent. Independent to that level that the cops can't enter university terain if the dean doesn't allow them (cept for serious situations).

Yeah it depends on the courses and the work load you place on yourself, but college can be pretty much a breeze if you do it right. Although it depends on the course instructor and their style; if they value homework style assignments over exams then you will need to do more work.

But usually I've been ok and have courses that focused on major projects or term papers, and then a few exams. I easily pass those classes (only exam I ever crashed hard on was a college algebra exam, and that was only because my car was stolen that morning and I was stressed out over that).

Although some people don't do that well on exams and need to study, and their's a lot of stress for them. I don't have a problem with exams and very rarely need to actually study, but I can be a bit lazy and I'll put off small homework assignments and projects; sometimes I've aced the main exams but I'll only have an average course grade because I didn't turn in very many of the small assignments (because I don't feel I need to do them).

The only courses I _liked_ doing homework in was astronomy and physics, because the problems were fun (for me atleast).

anyone here asian? or chinese?

yah, My parents (and my whole generation) is chinese and they would slice me and chop me and grind me into juice if I don't get higher than A-

so their saying the only grades I can get is A or A+ =.=

@Jna:

> I'm new/back/leaving thread is kind of for this.

but this isn't I'm Back/New/Leaving thread-related much cause when I looked at it everyone comments on it and the whole topic is off, lets just hope the topic wont as well XD

Won't be as active because of school. I have homework on the weekends :cry:

@Valon My parents are pretty strict about school. I basically can't do anything unless I get 100% on all tests and quizzes (which is retarded, my GPA is already 98% is ELA) and I already have 4 ducking projects.

*starts hitching about school.*

@Anna:

> Yeah it depends on the courses and the work load you place on yourself, but college can be pretty much a breeze if you do it right. Although it depends on the course instructor and their style; if they value homework style assignments over exams then you will need to do more work.
>
> But usually I've been ok and have courses that focused on major projects or term papers, and then a few exams. I easily pass those classes (only exam I ever crashed hard on was a college algebra exam, and that was only because my car was stolen that morning and I was stressed out over that).
>
> Although some people don't do that well on exams and need to study, and their's a lot of stress for them. I don't have a problem with exams and very rarely need to actually study, but I can be a bit lazy and I'll put off small homework assignments and projects; sometimes I've aced the main exams but I'll only have an average course grade because I didn't turn in very many of the small assignments (because I don't feel I need to do them).
>
> The only courses I _liked_ doing homework in was astronomy and physics, because the problems were fun (for me atleast).

Im going to take astrophysics, and maybe biology, and be set to be an astronomer+astrobiologist, and determine if there is life. Plants are only green here because it is the optimum color to be for our type of star and location.

@[Šß:

> 超人 ŠhÃdÓw ñíñjä ¤Vålöñ¤ シ link=topic=51933.msg548089#msg548089 date=1253529013]
> I hate school I dont know why we take it in the first place.

Because we can't all work at mcdonalds.