Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ADD- I have it should I get on some pills.

azure

So For most of my life I've had ADD, it's a pain in the ass to deal with as you get older, and honestly I'm considering getting myself on some meds. So I was wondering What the community's general opinion on this kind of thing is. Should I take meds that could help me, but at the same time may make me a completely different person?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get some adderall, snort it. (Before some parent freaks out at me, dont actually do this.No matter how fun it may be…)

Honestly though i would stay away from the medication, unless it is truly changing your life i would try to keep yourself away from medicines. You dont want to be popping some pills everyday believe me. Also you dont want to suffer from side effects.

Alright well let me go through some of the negatives I have with it.

A- I'm very easily distracted, and if I'm not extremely interested in something will wonder to something else.

B- I tend to have a terrible short term memory and will forget what I had for lunch within five minutes if presented with something else to focus on. I've even forgotten to eat because I was doing something more distracting( I ate when I remembered that I forgot)

C- When I things that require a single line of thought, like math I can make simple mistakes and fudge the whole thing all to hell.

some pros

A- I do not seem as introverted as I really am
B- I am great at multitasking as long as I'm in a self contained area( My room at night when it's quiet)
C- I'm more fun to be around.

- Marsh I just saw your posts.

I have really been considering it. The DSS office at my University said that they could help me get some definitive tests to see if I really need some meds, and my father did confer with me about why they never put me on meds, but I guess I just want to know for my self if I could do better at things with them.

@kreator- Yeah that's kind of what Marsh said and is most likely what I'll do. I don't really know how the tests go because I was never fully let in on the results to begin with, which is one reason I'm looking into it now.

@evilbunnie- They do work, but like you said you take different meds for different things, Also I think the meds you take differ with your age. As for your question, I don't know. I just wanted some feedback before I more actively perused the testing and possibly the meds.

Not that I know of specifically, but I have heard that can seriously alter your personality depending on how you are before you start taking them. I doubt I'd be prone to that. I'm pretty good at stress management, but that could be due to the ADD.

According to my doctor,
They can make you want to Commit suicide, And Can cause a sexual disfunction(Lol), Make you not eat until they wear off (Which happens to me).

Question : Man, Do you ever sleep? I dont.

Over 5 months i have changed my meds 4 times,

These new ones cause alot of moodswings and basicly one second i would be happy, Then i would just go rage for no reason.

I have a weird sleeping pattern and I'm not on meds at this point. ^_^ I sleep during the mid morning or late afternoon depending on what I have to do during the day. (My cat and I actually sleep at the same times.)

The thing about the meds is this, Not every med is for every person, and a lot of doctors can misdiagnose and end up giving you something you really don't need. That's why I respect my Dad's reasons for not putting me on meds in the first place.

In my case; however, I know I have ADD. There is no getting around that, I've had it my whole life, much like my vision being duck up. Personally I'm just curious to try something different. Especially if I'll be better off for it. Also I'm prone to being moody already. I can go from pissed off to happy, and then back again within the span of a few minutes, depending on how a discussion goes. (Bless my gf she is usually the one who sees that one, but she still loves me.) I guess that sounds kind of contrary to what I said about stress management, but I tend to get worked up about things that are more important to me. It's weird.

Like I could be robbed and not care at all, but my girl friend(Damn you word filter) and I could have a fight and I won't be able to sleep for two days.

honestly the point of me getting myself tested and not just asking my dad for the older paperwork is so that I know for sure. Who knows maybe it's more than just ADD. Some think my sister is Bipolar, but some of us also know she lies her ass off about a lot of things at the same time.

@[B.I.T.C.H:

> evilbunnie link=topic=53358.msg565676#msg565676 date=1256720382]
> According to my doctor,
> They can make you want to Commit suicide, And Can cause a sexual disfunction(Lol), Make you not eat until they wear off (Which happens to me).

I'm pro at everything, so listen to Doctor Kreator for a second.

The first week or two, you'll experience some nausia until they kick in. You might also be fatigued or your sleeping habits will be messed up. However, then you'll noticeably feel better.

Then, you'll feel a lot more chill. If you Really depressed, there is chances that this careless attitude you adopt will make you more confidentially think about suicide. Aside from that, you'll feel better within yourself, less paranoid, self conscious and anxious about things. You still will have sex drive, but you won't get horny as often, and you will last longer. If you masturbate, you might have some difficulty reaching a climate, but when screwing chicks this will be a gift for them.

Change in diet, eating habits is less common, although some people may eat more or less depending on themselves.

@[B.I.T.C.H.:

> Azure link=topic=53358.msg565630#msg565630 date=1256706023]
> So For most of my life I've had ADD, it's a pain in the ass to deal with as you get older, and honestly I'm considering getting myself on some meds. So I was wondering What the community's general opinion on this kind of thing is. Should I take meds that could help me, but at the same time may make me a completely different person?

you can do 1 of 2 things, either take the bills and be all mellow and boring, or you can sell them for 1$ a pill to highschool kids and make like a 30$ profit. (informational purposes only, i dont want to get in trouble)