Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ADD- I have it should I get on some pills.

azure

@[B.I.T.C.H.:

> Azure link=topic=53358.msg565730#msg565730 date=1256731939]
> My room mate wants me to take a five hour energy shot, but since I already stay up for days sometimes I'm a little scared about what would happen.

psh you get a lil nausia, then a headache, then you pass out where your standing. there is no energy or concentration at all, just "ow my head a *CRASH BOOM BANG**ZzZzZzZz*"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he says that they work, but since I'm not on a normal sleep cycle, and clearly I have some chemical issues, we think I may be up for like a week then have the worst sleep deprivation crash I've ever had. Actually I don't mind those as much. The last time I did that I stayed up for like four days and slept for two. :D I slept like a baby.

Nice double post fail. I'm not talking about an "energy drink" I'm talking about the 5 hour energy shots. My room mate isn't the only person I know who uses them, and they all say they work. Also your only partly right about energy drinks. They give you a quick burst, but then you crash because you exhaust the little bit of energy they do give you. Sugar= fast energy, Carbs= slow energy. ^_^ That's why I eat a lot of bread on days I have to walk all over campus.

Also like I said,  he makes it sound like it's all win.

@Azure:

> Nice double post fail. I'm not talking about an "energy drink" I'm talking about the 5 hour energy shots. My room mate isn't the only person I know who uses them, and they all say they work. Also your only partly right about energy drinks. They give you a quick burst, but then you crash because you exhaust the little bit of energy they do give you. Sugar= fast energy, Carbs= slow energy. ^_^ That's why I eat a lot of bread on days I have to walk all over campus.
>
> Also like I said,  he makes it sound like it's all win.

Whops,
Well same they both have the same Out come.

I'm not sure how to respond to much of that so I won't. I will say this though. I've had ADD for a very long time, since I was born, lol. Toughing it out doesn't work in higher math. Since getting distracted can mess up step 16 which will mess up every step after that. :( When that's repeated on say 15 problems out of 45 I fail the test, and lose the game. :(

@Azure:

> I'm not sure how to respond to much of that so I won't. I will say this though. I've had ADD for a very long time, since I was born, lol. Toughing it out doesn't work in higher math. Since getting distracted can mess up step 16 which will mess up every step after that. :( When that's repeated on say 15 problems out of 45 I fail the test, and lose the game. :(

I know, I'm in GT too. What I was trying to say is that only use the drug if you are in real trouble.

I've failed the same math class 4 times? I'm not sure how much more trouble there could be? and at 600$ a credit hour I'm not proud of that fact. There are other things I've considered besides the math class as well. For instance how I have great ideas but can never finish them.

I personaly have found it easier to deal with as I've gotten older.  Easier to take that kind of restless energy and focus it.

I stopped talking pills in middle school once they wanted to put me on strong stuff, meh mum said no.  So I learned to live with it, and dont really notice. I cant sit perfectly still without tapping a foot or something, but otherwise isnt bad.  I dont agree with taking pills for add. adhd maybe, thats a little more rough, but still

Here's my answer:
I have ADD, and I've tried like 5 different meds. One gave me depression, one made me crash so bad it wasn't even funny, etc. But then I found one, it was great until the side-effects started to kick in.
First you feel like you do when your having a major sinus explosion
Then you feel like you have to puke
Then you puke
Then you feel fine >.>

As for making yourself a different person, it doesn't. One bad thing is that if you have parents then whenever you don't do what they say their like "maybe you should get back on your add meds", or "maybe your meds arent working right"
Its a great excuse for a while, until you start to hate your meds.

I don't take my meds anymore. I'm actually fine. Though I do have a fairly low case of it.

I'm kinda sure mine is pretty bad. Myself and both my sisters had to have special education plans because of it.(I also had a separate section to deal with my vision.) Never the less, I plan to look into the testing next week, who knows a change in behaviors may help me more than meds.

@Xavi:

> Here's my answer:
> I have ADD, and I've tried like 5 different meds. One gave me depression, one made me crash so bad it wasn't even funny, etc. But then I found one, it was great until the side-effects started to kick in.
> First you feel like you do when your having a major sinus explosion
> Then you feel like you have to puke
> Then you puke
> Then you feel fine >.>
>
> As for making yourself a different person, it doesn't. One bad thing is that if you have parents then whenever you don't do what they say their like "maybe you should get back on your add meds", or "maybe your meds arent working right"
> Its a great excuse for a while, until you start to hate your meds.
>
> I don't take my meds anymore. I'm actually fine. Though I do have a fairly low case of it.

Your nearly the same as me!
Wow, Alot of people have ADD. And ADHD.
That makes me feel better. :D

@Azure:

> Yeah it's a pretty commonly diagnosed thing actually. Though the ADHD ones usually need the meds more than those of us with ADD. I don't see a problem with constructive Hyperactivity.

Well I dont have ADHD that bad, More on the ADD side.
But somtimes if someone says somthing mean to me I might go rage and punch them in the face but i dont really do that anymore.

It's become over diagnosed today because people are so prone to putting their kids on pills and blaming it on a disorder. I also know a few people irl who claim to have it but are full of crap. I have it, but you should always seek help from medical professionals, who are competent.(why I go to UAB for my vision tests)

lol- also the most important reason why I'm getting proper testing.

Reading the wiki for it, I am starting to get paranoid and think I've got it :S I bet it's all in my head though.

My opinion is to take pills if you need them - it is changing your life dramaticly ect.. If you can deal with your ADD or ADHD, then I guess you don't truely need pills. Yet the side-affects, if the side-affects are little to none and they help obviously keep them, but if they have side-affects such as vomiting and restless nights, but they work, still get rid of them. Only take pills the are good and have very little, or very insignificant side-affects.