Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Thanksgiving, America

balliztik1

@Draken:

> yea thanksgiving the celebration when the indian and pilgrims joined together to give thanks, NOT knowing that all the indians would soon catch deadly illness from the pilgrims. Slowly killing them off.
>
> Happy thanksgiving

what about the blankets filled with chicken pox…

oh wait, thats over 20 years later

*FAIL*

I still don't see why you Americans celebrate a day where us - the Britons - ended up killing aload of people. And then those people would turn into you everyday Americans who celebrate such a terrible day just for the food in which you call 'Turkey' - as all the world does on that matter, why not call it 'Bob'? I'd like to see people it then - which you could have anytime you wanted to. It could be a Monday to a Sunday, from sun to rain, from Winter to Summer, and from Chistmas to Easter. Anyday is a good day for 'Turkey' so why that day? Why the day that you ended up killing off a load of Natives?

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=54627.msg578747#msg578747 date=1259250727]
> I still don't see why you Americans celebrate a day where us - the Britons - ended up killing aload of people. And then those people would turn into you everyday Americans who celebrate such a terrible day just for the food in which you call 'Turkey' - as all the world does on that matter, why not call it 'Bob'? I'd like to see people it then - which you could have anytime you wanted to. It could be a Monday to a Sunday, from sun to rain, from Winter to Summer, and from Chistmas to Easter. Anyday is a good day for 'Turkey' so why that day? Why the day that you ended up killing off a load of Natives?
> @Draken:
>
> > yea thanksgiving the celebration when the indian and pilgrims joined together to give thanks, NOT knowing that all the indians would soon catch deadly illness from the pilgrims. Slowly killing them off.
> >
> > Happy thanksgiving

Did u even read Drakens post?
that's exactly what happened.

But it doesn't really matter
just look at thanksgiving and be thankful.
Thankful u have internet and a computer
there are a lot of ppl who don't have a computer let alone know what a computer is. Today you should be optimistic and look at things in a different perspective and enjoy today and life.

Happy Thanksgiving you guys.

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=54627.msg578747#msg578747 date=1259250727]
> I still don't see why you Americans celebrate a day where us - the Britons - ended up killing aload of people. And then those people would turn into you everyday Americans who celebrate such a terrible day just for the food in which you call 'Turkey' - as all the world does on that matter, why not call it 'Bob'? I'd like to see people it then - which you could have anytime you wanted to. It could be a Monday to a Sunday, from sun to rain, from Winter to Summer, and from Chistmas to Easter. Anyday is a good day for 'Turkey' so why that day? Why the day that you ended up killing off a load of Natives?

christmas is about jesus dieing, but we still CELEBRATE it

lol its not celebrating them dieing >.< The death just happen to happen not long after lol.

pilgrims were starving Indians came made friends and taught them how to farm / fish around here. Pilgrims had food invited Indians over for a feast.

so its more for peace…

but still kinda ironic though a peace full situation ends up killing them

Moral of the story Trust no one and stay in a hole everyday of your life

Christmas isn't the day Jesus died, silly. That's Good Friday. xD

Actually, if you want to be specific, neither of those days correspond to the actual dates of Jesus' birth or death. They were moved to conflict with pagan holidays.

But yeah, Thanksgiving is just a day to be thankful. Yeah, a lot of people died due to disease years ago, but there's no sense in regretting that. It won't bring them back. Besides, there's a ton of holidays like that. Why celebrate Veteran's day? Why celebrate Guy Fawkes' Day? Why celebrate independence day? All these holidays have some death involved. We'd have like 2 holidays if we utilized that rule.