Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse €rypŧø

Swordsower

I suppose I could, but I'd rather sock that vote into the normal system.  The stat systems' architecture needs to be revised anyway, and I'm thinking of making it entirely soft-coded where the owner would go into the admin panel and would be presented with the option of Edit Stats, making it scalable.  That would be tricky though, but not impossible.

To that end I agree, but what was basically meant by the 6th stat being custom is that Thiefs would have Thiefiness, and Avengers would have vengefulness, et cetera.  I wasn't thinking in terms of a well built game, built well with basic elements (such as would be expected from D20), I was trying to emulate the thought patterns of a C- or D+ class user (no offense intended to anyone that picked that option).

As for stat-building, that would be my most complex intention, as I intend to support Multiclassing to an extent.  I'm also going to try to deviate away from the whole "Points when you level up, points make you strongar" aspect, and move more towards inherited abilities from given classes at given levels, and the possibility of combining these abilities to create an extremely diverse range of possible abilities for a given character at 30th level or so.

For some homework, I'm rather fond of WIZ/CLR/Mystic Theurge, but SOR/Favored Soul/Mystic Theurge is unstoppable.  Also, compare and contrast WIZ 30 to WIZ 20 ARCHMAGE 10.  Your books would be the player's handbook 3.5 and the DM's guide 3.5.

I voted for the D20 system, as I believe that it gives an extremely large range of character build possibilities.. I think that the modified stat idea would take a lot of the creativeness out of the builds and would make it a lot more linear and just.. blahh.. lol.

I'm inclined to agree.  I personally favor the D20 system, since I've been working with it since D&D 3.0, and therefore have gotten into the habit of _thinking_ in terms of D&D.  It happens if you play too much, but isn't necessarily unhealthy.  A total adaptation is one thing I'd like to do, but that would be very complex.  Not impossible, just complex.

Perhaps WN can benefit from some of the systems I'm working on.  That would give me a warm and fuzzy.

• 2 weeks later...