Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse €rypŧø

Swordsower

Alright folks, I just finished compiling my first Source Mod.  Here is the Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tjqt3eky1jm

**Summary of changes:**

Strength, Defense, Speed, and Magic have been changed to Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma, following the traditional D20 systems.

I added the ability to add starting stat points for classes.  Go into the Class(I).ini files, and there is now a line called POINTS.  Set the value for a given class, and that class starts with that many Stat points.  Leave it 0 to ignore this feature.  TBD - change the GUI to display this value when creating a character, and make that optional.

Also, the Character Stats window is now its own dialog box that is triggered when you click on the Character button.  I found it to be less cumbersome than the standard method, but the default gui is still not very visually appealing.

[![](http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/Plasmius/th_Screencap001.png)](http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/Plasmius/?action=view¤t=Screencap001.png)

[![](http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/Plasmius/th_Screencap002.png)](http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/Plasmius/?action=view¤t=Screencap002.png)

MP used to be calculated 10 points per MAGI level, it is now 10 per Int, 10 per Wis, 10 per Cha.  HP is based on Con, and SP is based on Dex.  This is more balanced than only giving a player points to their HP for STR which screw casters, and giving it both for STR and MAGI which screws everyone (I used to play Jerrath, this was a delimma back then).

Points given when a player levels up are calculated by that players level / 10, IE level 88 to 89 gives 8 points, 98 to 99 gives 9 points.

Per my own personal preference, I have changed the level up code to NOT display how many levels a player gains when he gains more than one at a time.  My game will hide the players levels from them.  This is easily reversable, just search for the word €rypto and you will find my notes.

To be done:

Right now there is not much implementation for the added stats.  In my next release, I will add to the Spellcasting system, allowing increased flexability for casters based on a single stat, or based on more than one (again, reminiscint of D&D IE Wizard = Int, Sorcerer = Cha, Cleric = Wis)

I will add support to the Spell Edit system to where when a spell is determined to only be usable to one class, the stat that that class is based on affects the power of the spell that is cast.  The idea is that a Fireball from an INT based caster should increase as the casters INT increases, but not as their CHA increases.  A Fireball cast by a CHA based caster shouldn't get more powerful by increasing INT, but I will not eliminate the ability to do this if the owner wishes.

I will add Saves, as from D&D.  The idea here is that status ailaments can be avoided in one of three ways - Fortitude, Reflex and Will (based on CON, DEX, and WIS).  I will add this feature to my build, so that status ailaments may be resisted by high level characters, or characters built with status ailament resistance in mind.  I support high player flexability when building a character.

I will add support for multiclassing, allowing a players levels to be noted as FTR 2, WIZ 3, ROG 4 et cetera, while maintaining balancing.  The idea is that a player should possess unlimited freedom when designing his or her character, while maintaining balance.

I'll add more features as I come up with them and figure out how to stabilize them.

Total time spent on my build: 19 hours.

~€rypŧø

Hmm.  I'm working on that right now…at first it seemed I messed up the Parse for item packets, but even with that resolved, frmItemEditor is giving me trouble =S

I'll let'chy'all know when I finish debugging it.  Nice catch Dawn.

EDIT: Alright, I debug'd that part, the ItemEditor functions properly now.  Remember, since I've modified EVERYTHING, you can't just import my client/server and expect it to work.  Use the files that come with it.  Maps should be importable, but just about everything else needs to be generated from scratch using the engine, including Classes.

I'm going to add it to my build when the time comes.  Right now I'm working on faction-controlled maps.  I added a variable to MapRec called .Control As Byte = 0, 1, 2, or 3; and a tab to frmMapProperties that has conditional variables (spawning NPCs, items, et cetera) that will be triggered or not triggered based on which faction controls a given map.  It's going fairly well so far, no banging my head against blunt objects to catalyze good coding.  Not yet anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice edit  €rypto. I've always thought that the stat system in Eclipse was a little bland. Now the only other things I feel eclipse _**needs**_ is spell casting and arrow shooting NPC's. Since Zamin so nicely added his quest system to ES. This is edited from that version right? Eh, I'll check when I finish DLing.

Edit: Ok, the only bad thing I have to say about this is that I don't like the popup window for the stats screen. The old way was better IMO. Also, not an edit of the ES version with Zamins quest system. No biggy just clearing it up.

M'aright, I'll change the stat screen back.  It was getting a bit long for the page was why I changed it in the first place.  I will likely just make the whole client window slightly longer to accomidate.

The next release is going to have some systems in it that are scary cool.  I'll have it done by about the 1st of next month I think.  I have a Star Wars Battlefront-like command post system in the works to allow factions control of maps.  Maps under control of faction X will spawn NPCs allied to faction X, opposed to faction Y.  The cool part is that you set up what the map does for a given faction in it's properties page, and can set the conditions of it's capture to be different for each faction.  The dirty secret - I'm using .ini files : (

Yeah,  I know.  I know how to put in in .dat, but for now, for the pre-release, .ini is simpler for troubleshooting the system.  I added a tab to map properties and put a set of tabs into that tab for the conditions that the map changes control under, and what properties the map possesses specific to who controls it.  You're pretty much creating X number of separate properties per map.

Also, the Command Post system is a way to centralize the map control trigger, IE, if you capture a map that is considered a command post, you capture the 24 maps surrounding it, IE, 5x5 section.  This lets the factions have outposts in enemy territory that are 'easily' defended, but still prone to be overrun.

Yeah, as soon as I figure out how to do it.  The one I'm working on right now is a doozy, though.  I'm trying to create an attribute to function as an area a person can stand in to change the control of a set of maps, which would be, in practice, similar to Starwars Battlefront's CP system.  Its…tricky.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think anyone's going to get on your case for not having an update for a week or two Cryp =p Especially considering how awesome this thing already is! If you want any help graphic wise, or even wanna start designing a full game with your new systems, throw me a message man, I'd be more than happy to work with ya.

Again, great work man, this is amazing stuff.

Shoot I didn't know it was this popular.  These were just some modifications I was tinkering with.  I'll have more free time once I'm back in Germany or transitioning, which ought to be in…well, shoot for May 1st.  I'll be able to update before then, but once May 1st rolls around, it will be a good day indeed.  I'll definately be out of Afghanistan by June 1st.