Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

I don't see what you lot are all complaining about, get out of your lazy chair and go play outside or just stop being lazy and start learning VB6, you can't always expect people to do it for you, even if you pay them or not.

It's just like your paying your mother to wash your clothes, cook for you and that stuff. :icon_nif:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rushεr, Robin never said he wouldn't do it if they paid him. My guess is that A- he wants them to be more open about what it is they are actually doing and B- That he wants more than 25 euros for it. Since he accepts x amount per hour.

Helladen, If you are that hard pressed to have only a few things in the engine, you might as well learn to do it yourself. Either that or save up and properly discuss your job offer in private.  I recently had to look up the definition of donation for someone and it literally says something given for free. So I can completely understand Robin's prerogative.

@Robin:

> @Helladen:
>
> > I'm not a good programmer who can add more formats to auto-tiles. I was asking him for 2 reasons.
> > 1\. It would benefit everyone not just myself.
> > 2\. I wouldn't have to keep re adding it every time he updated the source, or find someone else to do it.
> >
> > I was looking at 25-50 dollars, for a easy modification for him, but wasn't sure. I'll find someone else to do it then.
>
> Donations don't work like that. You don't come along and say "I'll done x amount of money if you create this feature."
>
> That's called paying me to do some work.
>
> The way autotiles work now, it handles RM2K, RM2K3 and RMXP. Pretty much every public autotile release is created in these formats.
>
> RMVX graphics can't even be loaded into Origins due to the fact that they're riddled with alpha channels.
>
> If you want to pay me to do some work that's fine, but don't try and dress it up and pretend you're doing something like donating, because you're not. If you hadn't noticed, I haven't added anything else that people have requested saying they'll donate money to me if I do.
>
> Origins is a public project, it's not your little play thing.

Isn't that called Prostitution?

@Azure:

> Rushεr, Robin never said he wouldn't do it if they paid him. My guess is that A- he wants them to be more open about what it is they are actually doing and B- That he wants more than 25 euros for it. Since he accepts x amount per hour.
>
> Helladen, If you are that hard pressed to have only a few things in the engine, you might as well learn to do it yourself. Either that or save up and properly discuss your job offer in private.  I recently had to look up the definition of donation for someone and it literally says something given for free. So I can completely understand Robin's prerogative.

I would of paid more than that. I have $400 that I am willing to spend, and Robin alpha channels can be removed by adding a background. Every time I ask Robin in a personal message he completely ignores me and doesn't even reply with a yes or no. So Azure your wrong I've asked before, and I would of paid by the hour too. I like EO, but the only thing that sets me apart from it is VX auto-tiles. I will probably end up converting them manually out of the auto-tile format. I was simply was just asking. It's not like I was asking for a specific edit that would of only benefited myself.

Helladen,

> If you want to pay me to do some work that's fine, but don't try and dress it up and pretend you're doing something like donating, because you're not. If you hadn't noticed, I haven't added anything else that people have requested saying they'll donate money to me if I do.
>
> Origins is a public project, it's not your little play thing.

I wonder you actually did to make him ignore you that badly? He usually responds to me on my worst days.

I usually don't read every single post, there's so many on this thread.

And also what I meant about the donation thing is I wasn't really asking for the edit to be for me only, that's why I said donate. In other words if I asked for it to be for me only I would of said paid.

I wasn't implying donation meant that. I know donation means you give something for free, but it doesn't always have to be done that way. You could suggest something to be added and donations could make it more than likely be added to the official source. Your not understanding what I'm saying.

I do and I'm reiterating what robin said. In your mind your changes benefit more people than just you, but I've not seen anyone ask for any of the changes you have. If a donation is given for free with no guarantee of return then you should give it and not ask for anything.

If Robin doesn't respond to your job offers, then there's not much you can do, but trashing up his thread by saying the same thing over and over is just bad man. Oh and I actually have read most of the thread posts… I usually read two or three pages back for good measure.

If you want to donate to help me out then go for it, but don't expecting anything in return. Origins is there for anyone to use and do what they want with. If you feel like you'd like to help out the developer and show a bit of gratitude by throwing a couple of quid my way, that's great.

If you want to make a request then go do so in the proper forum. Don't go adding on a 'If you add this I'll donate all my mum's disposable income', though, as that makes you look like a twat.

You know where the request forum is. Use it. I've had dozens of vague promises of donations and yours isn't going to motivate me any more than those other hollow words did.

@Robin:

> If you want to donate to help me out then go for it, but don't expecting anything in return. Origins is there for anyone to use and do what they want with. If you feel like you'd like to help out the developer and show a bit of gratitude by throwing a couple of quid my way, that's great.
>
> If you want to make a request then go do so in the proper forum. Don't go adding on a 'If you add this I'll donate all my mum's disposable income', though, as that makes you look like a twat.
>
> You know where the request forum is. Use it. I've had dozens of vague promises of donations and yours isn't going to motivate me any more than those other hollow words did.

It's my money and I've donated before to some other things, but I've learned not to donate unless I know I am going to use it. The reason I said that was to mean if you add this I would start to donate.

@Helladen:

> I've learned not to donate unless I know I am going to use it.

If you're not going to use it you can get out of my thread and stop trying to make me change the design of my engine to fit your own needs by throwing around vague promises of cash.

@Robin:

> @Helladen:
>
> > I've learned not to donate unless I know I am going to use it.
>
> If you're not going to use it you can get out of my thread and stop trying to make me change the design of my engine to fit your own needs by throwing around vague promises of cash.

Now.. Technically speaking.. I highly doubt it's going to be cash if he uses his mommy's card… =/

Just sayin.

@Geno:

> @Robin:
>
> > @Helladen:
> >
> > > I've learned not to donate unless I know I am going to use it.
> >
> > If you're not going to use it you can get out of my thread and stop trying to make me change the design of my engine to fit your own needs by throwing around vague promises of cash.
>
> Now.. Technically speaking.. I highly doubt it's going to be cash if he uses his mommy's card… =/
>
> Just sayin.

I already said it's my money. I made it from my XtremeWorlds game. But yeah I still am in high school anyway.

@Helladen:

> @Geno:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > @Helladen:
> > >
> > > > I've learned not to donate unless I know I am going to use it.
> > >
> > > If you're not going to use it you can get out of my thread and stop trying to make me change the design of my engine to fit your own needs by throwing around vague promises of cash.
> >
> > Now.. Technically speaking.. I highly doubt it's going to be cash if he uses his mommy's card… =/
> >
> > Just sayin.
>
> I already said it's my money. I made it from my XtremeWorlds game. But yeah I still am in high school anyway.

Man, get a clue. Do you know any difference between a donation and actual payment? For one, you should've just kept this between you and Robin, cause frankly putting the whole "im gonna donate bla bla" in the forum threads is arrogant. Secondly, you need to learn to distinguish between payment, and donations. Besides this, Robin isnt looking for payments when its completed. He clearly said he will accept donations. But i dont see anywhere in there about accepting "bribes" or donations that arent really donations at all. Instead of trying so hard to defend yourself, why dont you just let it go and admit youre wrong? Cuz your foots getting stuck in your mouth dude.