Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PHP to HTML code conversion

Kimimaru

Hey, everyone! I'm sorry, but I didn't know where to put this topic. Anyway, I have this PHP code that I can use to put up my own server online/offline images, but unfortunately, my webhost doesn't allow me to insert my own PHP code, only HTML. I'm wondering if anyone can convert this code to HTML for me. Thanks in advance!

```

[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/Kimimaru4000/ServerOnlineGUI.png[/img]

[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/Kimimaru4000/ServerOfflineGUI.png[/img]

```

cop/paste into notepad, save as namehere.php, upload and try it

you cant preview php documents locally as they are run server side… if you really want to see whats in it i recommend dreamweaver or something similar

Oh god, I'm laughing my ass off right now. Sorry, but the fact I click this topic out of pure rage and see Spike posting in it is just to perfect.

Anywho, like everyone said, PHP is a server-side coding language which helps dynamically create webpages and content. HTML (and the more widely used XHTML) are just mark-up coding languages which display static content via a web browser. You cannot convert one to the other as they just complement each other. If your server doesn't allow PHP of any kind, you need a new server as almost all, even free ones, offer PHP support.

- Adulese

You visit a webpage with .php extension
The server processes the PHP code and receives HTML output
The HTML output is sent to your browser like a regular .html or .htm webpage.

PHP is significantly different to HTML and Javascript and CSS etc because it is a server-side language - completely uneffected by the browser.