Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anime Sub-Board Poll

Adulese Games

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=57849.msg612411#msg612411 date=1266995630]
> E3 is for gaming. Not cosplay of ANIME.

Cosplay is cosplay -_-

i also find it lame how everyone always use bad images to try and prove a point, instead of something like this:
![](http://arthemishodai.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ksicsmtjjhu81ht2ck8vjv4ko1_500.jpg)

if your going to make a point, please make it a good one…

@Zetta:

> this is definitely gonna result in a hentie board.

I'm handing out warnings to all the people who cannot post the appropriate content in the appropriate board whenever I see it.

@Thorn:

> I voted no. I find most anime to be bland and derivative, not worthy of the electricity used to run the monitor it's being played on.

Then you're most likely just watching the wrong kind of anime.

@Thorn:

> Furthermore, it has no place here. This is a game making forum, hence the game sub-boards. Marsh is a very skilled chef, hence the cooking board. I'm pretty sure that 186 only is around because Renzo talked Marsh into it.

So how many game projects made on Eclipse are worth the electricity used to run the monitor it's being played on?

@Thorn:

> There's no good reason for an anime board. If you have to talk about lesser-known animes (which in my view are likely unknown for a reason) a simple thread in Chit-chat should be fine.

Most animes are quasi-unknown because most people who watch anime think Naruto, Death Note and Bleach are the shit.

@renzozuken2002:

> @Kusy:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > I voted no. We have /a/ for this.
> >
> > you mean /d/ right?
>
> hey, keep your /a/s out of my /d/!
> weve got enough problems with /b/ as it is…

Exactly, we already have got enough problems with **/futa/** as it is.

Regards,
  Godlord.

I actually have seen a good amount of anime, I used to be quite a fan.
Then I realized that, whether most people realize it or not, most anime is trash. Poor animation and animating shortcuts are common, storylines are often stolen from an older work and some just go on so long that the characters become these retarded demi-gods that can punch a hole through a sun.

There have been a few good animes, of course. The style is so prolific it's impossible for there not to be some gold among the trash. My problem with it is that the good ones are so few and far between, and that most anime seems to be targeted at either kids or perverts.

Yes yes, I know people are going to disagree with me horribly. But you know what? There's a lot of stuff out there to watch that is way better than anime. I'll spend my time on that before I watch clips of shirtless guys yelling at each other for half an hour over some girl with eyes taking up 50% of the area of her face.

@Thorn:

> I actually have seen a good amount of anime, I used to be quite a fan.
> Then I realized that, whether most people realize it or not, most anime is trash. Poor animation and animating shortcuts are common, storylines are often stolen from an older work and some just go on so long that the characters become these retarded demi-gods that can punch a hole through a sun.
>
> There have been a few good animes, of course. The style is so prolific it's impossible for there not to be some gold among the trash. My problem with it is that the good ones are so few and far between, and that most anime seems to be targeted at either kids or perverts.
>
> Yes yes, I know people are going to disagree with me horribly. But you know what? There's a lot of stuff out there to watch that is way better than anime. I'll spend my time on that before I watch clips of shirtless guys yelling at each other for half an hour over some girl with eyes taking up 50% of the area of her face.

I sigh at the last sentance. I really watch the shitty stuff don't you? May I suggest Toaru Majusts no Index?

- Adulese

@Thorn:

> My problem with it is that the good ones are so few and far between, and that most anime seems to be targeted at either kids or perverts.

You can say that about pretty much most types of entertainment. It's like basing your opinion of films around Tinkerbell: The Movie and shit like that.

Same with music. Same with video games.

Stop watching mainstream imports.

I'm making gross generalizations, obviously. I've seen some really awesome anime that most people have never even heard of (i.e. Key: Metal Idol). I'm just sick of the animation style and the (and I've met some of these) retarded fans that have no life outside of some imported cartoons.

See, I think Death Note is just emo trash. I heard it was good, tried it and hated it.

Now something I think most of us can agree on? Naruto is terrible. It is not the benchmark that I hold anime to, but holy HELL it's awful! A ninja wearing an orange jumpsuit? That's a dead ninja, right there.

@renzozuken2002:

> @«:
>
> > [»Wolf«][» link=topic=57849.msg612411#msg612411 date=1266995630]
> > E3 is for gaming. Not cosplay of ANIME.
>
> Cosplay is cosplay -_-
>
> i also find it lame how everyone always use bad images to try and prove a point, instead of something like this:
> ![](http://arthemishodai.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ksicsmtjjhu81ht2ck8vjv4ko1_500.jpg)
>
> if your going to make a point, please make it a good one…

Now what are the chances of that? 1 in a million? I mean, how many girls with C breasts, who are very thin, and look hot watch alot of anime and go to cosplays. I mean, you'll meet an average one, but that is just so rare you'd never see one yourself.