Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robin's rant to ofsted.

Robin

It's a shame to be honest. I got my degree in sweden a couple of years ago and here it's learn or get kicked out. I like that better. I would have commit Harakiri on the spot if my courses were made for the slow student to follow.

@Smallbro:

> So college is better than sixth form? Cause I have to make my choice in like june next year.

Much, much better.

Sixth Form is just another couple of years of high-school with the teachers being patronising bastards and thinking they're cool because they can swear now.

Any system where the same person teaches 13 and 18 year olds is stupid.

Although the course at college is very, very slow for me (And a lot of other clever people who decided to learn on their own as well, obviously) it's a great laugh when you're there, and if you put your head down and get the course down you just don't need to turn up half the time.

My timetable till July is me turning up for 2 and a half days a week. Soon that'll be 1 and a half days because I'll have finished the Encryption area (Which is actually interesting thanks to the tutor going out of his way to talk about advanced stuff) and the VB6 area in a couple of weeks.

@Robin:

> That's pretty much what University is like, except we don't have parties in the White House, or whatever the fuck that is.

are you refering to the disney movie i have a date with the presidents daughter? because a) thats impossible and b) if you are reffering to the one in washington dc then yes. it is the white house, because that is what it is a white house (american imagination, woohoo >.>)

@SHADERS:

> @Robin:
>
> > That's pretty much what University is like, except we don't have parties in the White House, or whatever the fuck that is.
>
> are you refering to the disney movie i have a date with the presidents daughter? because a) thats impossible and b) if you are reffering to the one in washington dc then yes. it is the white house, because that is what it is a white house (american imagination, woohoo >.>)

No, I was referring to the building in that youtube video.

Robin - I must say that I compleatly understand you, I spent the last 14 years putting up with that shit… first in the primary school, then in junior high, later in the high school and finaly on the unversity - I fucking droped out of it after a year. Right now I'm aplying to a school that hopefully will teach me what I want to learn and probobly the only school in my entire life where I'm not better than my "informatics" and "art" teachers, and I'm not fucking good at "informatics"... however I have to pay 750PLN (~260$ [~170 Sterlings]) a month. And that's a part-time study - fo the daily studies I would have to pay 1000PLN but I wouldn't have time to actualy earn it.

…welcome to the land of pirogi and kieÅ‚basa!

Sounds a bit expensive. In September I'll be paying ~£4,000 for the tuition fees, ~1,200 on accommodation and God knows how much on other stuff.

Luckily I get shit loads of grants, bursaries and loans. :D