Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LaTale hates the gay-community?

mrmiguu

@Kreator:

> If I ever introduce relationships into Elandor Chronicles, I wouldn't allow it. Would ruin the atmosphere and what not. If I were to I'd make every guard and soldier in the city attack you on site.

Best quote. EVAR!

Seriously, though. If they don't want to have gay people be in visible relationships, who cares. I mean, it is just a GAME. I think Mabinogi allows it though, but I am not sure.

- Adulese

@Rodriguez:

> Seriously, though. If they don't want to have gay people be in visible relationships, who cares. I mean, it is just a GAME. I think Mabinogi allows it though, but I am not sure.
>
> - Adulese

But the thing is, when they made the decision to even allow relationships at all, that shows at least some level of in-game connectivity. However, they have restricted this same connectivity to same-sex couples. Yes, it's a game, but it's a game that is saying "you can only do this if you're heterosexual". Game or no, that's dickish.

The "just a game" argument is pretty futile here because they have crossed the playing boundaries and into the socialization realm. If they can't handle _all_ relationships, why allow them in their game? It seems to me that if you want to have options like this in a game, you don't try to figure out how to restrict it to one group.

@Ballie:

> But the thing is, when they made the decision to even allow relationships at all, that shows at least some level of in-game connectivity. However, they have restricted this same connectivity to same-sex couples.

But it's very unorthodox, and a large variety of people would find it either morally or ethically wrong. If they allowed religion selection in a game, and left out say, Satanists; would that be dickish? Sure, they may seem to be rather 'opposite' to the vast majority, however like sexuality, religion is also freedom of choice and expression.

@Rodriguez:

> Here is a solution: just don't include relationships in games or allow anyone to marry anyone. This is why I play WoW, so I don't have to deal with this shit. ;D
>
> - Adulese

Yes. This.

That's partially my point. They took the time to deal with relationships by allowing them, so they get the bullshit that comes along with them, especially by adding restrictions. If you're going to restrict your own feature, don't do it.

@Kreator:

> But it's very unorthodox, and a large variety of people would find it either morally or ethically wrong. If they allowed religion selection in a game, and left out say, Satanists; would that be dickish? Sure, they may seem to be rather 'opposite' to the vast majority, however like sexuality, religion is also freedom of choice and expression.

Yeah, that would be dickish if they added a religion option, but left out Satanism. If they are trying to give a choice, but leaving out certain choices, they really aren't giving a fair choice. The way I see it, you should either get a choice or not, not some bullshit half-choice thing. If the game maker wants the players to have the freedom of expression that would come with either relationships or religion, they should take it upon themselves to make sure they allow all denominations of such.

As it is a purely roleplaying aspect of the game, the fact that it's a choice shouldn't matter. The people who find it unorthodox or wrong do not have to choose it. Just because 9 out of 10 people do not enjoy that choice, that does not mean the tenth person shouldn't be able to have that option available.

It is definitely a debate of speculation and personal ideals and opinions. In the end however, It is the developers choice; and their decision shouldn't really be challenged. Sure, it may be seen to few as unfair; but they aren't doing anything illegal or immoral. If people are genuinely upset about it , you could always try emailing the game's developers about your issue, and perhaps if they feel that there is sufficient demand and reasoning, they will adjust the feature.

Realistically I dont think it makes them biased.

However there are more people against "same sex relationships" then those who dont care.

And a large chuck of people against it are so uptight they would waste the time to complain to the company about allowing said activities, so its just less stress and drama for them to keep things "traditional".

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> @MrHappySmore:
>
> > @Kreator:
> >
> > > It's a spelling mistake, chill out we know what he meant. xD
> >
> > Sorry, I'm a Grammar Nazi.
>
> Wouldn't a grammar Nazi imply that you only fix gramatical errors and not spelling?

I thought that grammar included spelling…after all, if you take an English class, you learn both spelling and grammar.

@lollicat:

> @MrMiguuâ„¢:
>
> > @MrHappySmore:
> >
> > > @Kreator:
> > >
> > > > It's a spelling mistake, chill out we know what he meant. xD
> > >
> > > Sorry, I'm a Grammar Nazi.
> >
> > Wouldn't a grammar Nazi imply that you only fix gramatical errors and not spelling?
>
> I thought that grammar included spelling…after all, if you take an English class, you learn both spelling and grammar.

And if you take a mathematics class you'll learn both algebra and trigonometry. But they aren't the same. Derp

See what you've done Smore, derailed the topic.

Offtopic: Being a Grammar-Nazi isn't like English class; learning both spelling and grammar. An **English-Nazi** would be more of an appropriate title that you're looking for.

Ontopic: I wouldn't add a relationship system to Lostica just because of this. If they want to form a relationship, who am I to regulate it? That would be like the government controlling weddings. Why does LaTale have marriage-specific system instead of like a best-friend system? They could both include benefits.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Offtopic: Being a Grammar-Nazi isn't like English class; learning both spelling and grammar. An **English-Nazi** would be more of an appropriate title that you're looking for.
>
> Ontopic: I wouldn't add a relationship system to Lostica just because of this. If they want to form a relationship, who am I to regulate it? That would be like the government controlling weddings. Why does LaTale have marriage-specific system instead of like a best-friend system? They could both include benefits.

English-Nazi would imply treason.