Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

House + Dirt Road Tiles

gaming ace

I had to double check to see if those house tiles were just Elandor Chronicles  :P

I think they're good, but I suggest that you change the color of the roof tiles because it looks too much like Elandor Chronicles and the red doesn't look good with a dark grey building.

Yeah, i've fixed them up a tad, but all-in-all they'll stay pretty similar to the ones you see in the mockup, just different colors maybe.

And yeah, I goofed up on the crates and the weeds/bushes. I just recently fixed the them, they had the wrong perspectives (the crates were iso, and the bushes were shown top-down). Now they share the same perspectives as everything else.

Thanks everyone

It all looks flat. The trees, the grass and the terain leveling - they look like one gray pulp. You need to make those trees stand out more on the grassy background, you need to show where the cliff ends (2 pixel border is obviously not enough). Also about the houses, I do realise it's a generic SNES style but it DOES look like inspired with EC because EC was somewhat announced lately, or just a coincidence but still a fishy one. Guess I would have absolutely nothing against it, cept the fact it doesn't fit rest of your tiles, be consistent - if you are making more detailed and high cliffs, why the walls shouldn't be that way? If you are making big cave entrace - well the houses should have entraces too. It just doesn't fit overall. The idea is not bad but "classic" aproach to houses could fit here better.

I think the house is great how it is, why change it? A cave doesn't really have much other options for an entrance besides being a dark opening. So that not very good reasoning as to why the house does not fit in.

@Niko:

> I think the house is great how it is, why change it? A cave doesn't really have much other options for an entrance besides being a dark opening. So that not very good reasoning as to why the house does not fit in.

Ok, then just because of this:
![](http://i50.tinypic.com/2ni89l4.png)

@Kusy:

> It all looks flat. The trees, the grass and the terain leveling - they look like one gray pulp. You need to make those trees stand out more on the grassy background, you need to show where the cliff ends (2 pixel border is obviously not enough).

Alright, I'll try using a different color palette on the trees and see how it turns out.

@Kusy:

> Also about the houses, I do realise it's a generic SNES style but it DOES look like inspired with EC because EC was somewhat announced lately, or just a coincidence but still a fishy one.

I've never attempted 16-bit graphics before, so I looked at what Kreator was doing with Elandor Chronicles and looked at some other SNES games for inspiration for the houses. I then decided to go with the stone wall and classic 'red-patched' roofs.

@Kusy:

> if you are making more detailed and high cliffs, why the walls shouldn't be that way? If you are making big cave entrace - well the houses should have entraces too. It just doesn't fit overall. The idea is not bad but "classic" aproach to houses could fit here better.

I wanted the cliffs to be taller than the house's walls. And, yes, I do plan I adding doors to the houses in the future.

Thanks for the critiscm, I'll go ahead and try adding more depth to the tiles