Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is eclipse hard

MMORPG DUDE

hey I can use my perants well can't I could but theyd prob get mad for downloading files and I might get on my friends cpu when he gets his knew one or I might get it on my laptop which if im lucky I will get in 4 days idk why but its my bday and my perants have been promising me one so idk.

@MMORPG:

> hey I can use my perants well can't I could but theyd prob get mad for downloading files and I might get on my friends cpu when he gets his knew one or I might get it on my laptop which if im lucky I will get in 4 days idk why but its my bday and my perants have been promising me one so idk.

For those wondering where this reply came from, I asked him in the shoutbox if he has another available computer, and requested he answer the question here (since I was going to bed).
@MMORPG DUDE: Fair enough, because yeah… In all honesty, your computer isn't that good, hence all the problems you've been experiencing; ideally, you're going to need an up-to-date machine, hopefully your friend's CPU can provide this, to see if you can get the engine working.

yeah i might but if not ill do on my new laptop whenever i get it cause i know im gettn it but that might be couple minths from now idk??? Well ill keep trying on my cpu and sorry for all the troubles. And do you know what:

Rune-Time error '429'
ActiveX component cannot create object

@NinjaCat:

> Download ActiveX

… you obviously don't understand ActiveX.

@MMORPG:

> yeah I might but if not ill do on my new laptop whenever I get it cause I know im gettn it but that might be couple minths from now idk??? Well ill keep trying on my cpu and sorry for all the troubles. And do you know what:
>
> Rune-Time error '429'
> ActiveX component cannot create object

Install the library files.

Is Eclipse hard? No.
Are you going to be able to use it? Yes.
Are you going to finish a decent game with it? No.
Are you going to annoy the hell out of a majority of the people on this forum? Likely.
Are you going to wind up being banned for flaming in a years time? Depends on the below.

Learn the mistakes that idiots such as Hippo made, then avoid them At that rate you should wind up a decent member.

Here is how it goes:

Learn + Listen to Advice + Don't be immature + Learn Grammar/spelling = You will make a decent game.

Not Harsh, just truthful - you'll get alot of that sort of critisism on your work. Toughen up, learn to take a punch and laugh and people will like you.

Not that you are complaining, but in the future if you did, you'd lose alot of respect from… everybody. I'm just trying to give you a starter pack introduction. (:

@Olliepop#20:

> Azkanan shut the hell up and stop talking for the rest of us.
>
> Eclipse makes great games, for some stupid reason people such as this idiot think that success = good game.

Ah, yes, alrighty. I'll just not give him the low-down on how Forums work, even though I've pretty much analysed how forums work. If you join a forum, say your going to make the greatest game ever whilst also mispelling every word, I'm sure people will totally respect and love you.

This is what I'm helping him avoid, dipshit. Now get off my case.

Azkazan I know what your saying but I'm just trying to type fastly(oops sorry more fast) noone(oops sorry no one) really cares how ppl(oops sorry people) type.

And does anyone know how to fix this ERROR?

Run-time Error '429'
ActiveX Component can't create object.

Run-Time Error: 429 - ActiveX control component can't create object
1\. Using Windows Vista or starting the client.
Download this and put it in the system directory. Then register it.
    Global fix.

2\. Unknown action

3\. Unknown action
Download and register [this and this. Don't forget to put them in the system directory.](http://www.worldwarproductions.com/Eclipse%20Library/dx7vb.dll)

@Sir:

> Run-Time Error: 429 - ActiveX control component can't create object
> 1\. Using Windows Vista or starting the client.
> Download [this](http://www.worldwarproductions.com/Eclipse%20Library/dx7vb.dll) and put it in the system directory. Then register it.
>     Global fix.
>
> 2\. Unknown action
> [3\. Unknown action
> Download and register](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,475.0.htmlClick) [this](http://www.worldwarproductions.com/Eclipse%20Library/dx7vb.dll) and [this](http://www.worldwarproductions.com/Eclipse%20Library/DAO350.DLL). Don't forget to put them in the system directory.
>
> Fix*

@MMORPG:

> Azkazan I know what your saying but I'm just trying to type fastly noone really cares how ppl type.

Yes, they do. It makes you look like a kid when you're using horrible abbreviations and the like. I can type full sentences much faster than most people can type in SMS speak.

As for your questions, install the library files _properly_. Run as admin and run in compatibility if you need to.)

@Robin:

> @MMORPG:
>
> > Azkazan I know what your saying but I'm just trying to type fastly noone really cares how ppl type.
>
> Yes, they do. It makes you look like a kid when you're using horrible abbreviations and the like. I can type full sentences much faster than most people can type in SMS speak.
>
> As for your questions, install the library files _properly_. Run as admin and run in compatibility if you need to.)

Ok(do you really care if i spell this ok instead on okay.) how do I install them properly then? Or Admin or Compatability.

@MMORPG:

> @Robin:
>
> > @MMORPG:
> >
> > > Azkazan I know what your saying but I'm just trying to type fastly noone really cares how ppl type.
> >
> > Yes, they do. It makes you look like a kid when you're using horrible abbreviations and the like. I can type full sentences much faster than most people can type in SMS speak.
> >
> > As for your questions, install the library files _properly_. Run as admin and run in compatibility if you need to.)
>
> Ok(do you really care if I spell this ok instead on okay.) how do I install them properly then? Or Admin or Compatability.

Depends on the operating system you're using.
Here are two tutorials that can ideally help you:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,50010.0.html
Or
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,50015.0.html

Once again, you've told me that you have experienced errors when trying to run the library installers; mainly because you probably don't have the .NET framework installed (refer to your various other topics about this issue)