Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MMORPG's

Killer123

By lore I understand depth, history, story end efforth the developers pumped into the game so it actualy makes me wanna learn about the new world I'm placed in.

@Ballie:

> WoW has quite a bit, but it's so annoyingly done. Most of the game's "lore" consists of answering yes or no to a quest description on a scroll. Mind you, there's like 10,000 quests, so there's a ton of scrolls, but meh. Some questlines are quite nice and have excellent backstory, but that backstory requires a lot of outside sources.
>
> For instance, the first dungeon most Alliance players will run doesn't seem too spectacular, but if you played all the way from Warcraft I, the turn of events will be somewhat familiar. They don't go over that in the game, however. *shrug*

Yeah, I'm one of those people who played since WC1, and actualy I was a WoW hater for a long time. I played it for a week or so and as you said Ballie, scrolling sucks arse but the quests were pretty good, I only played as a dwarf and I must say their domain and quest line is awesome. I'm no WoW lover as mentioned before but at least if you read on those quests you feel continuity, you know that you are starting small and you get to know the world around you. I launch Allods or whatever it's called, spawn in a chamber, follow some random guy (who dies 5 minutes later) and see how some absolutely random too me arch mage gets asskicked by a totaly random something spawning behind him. And I'm like… wow that was hell of a bullshit. I finish up the "tutorial" that doesn't actualy tell me anything and end up in the middle of mayan ruins filled with BEARDED CRABS... what the fudge? When you try to insert a storyline into a game at least TRY to do it decently.

Overall - MMOs are absolutely no fun without people you can play with on a daily basis. I don't feel like "making friends" ingame, not my type of thing, and I play those games in a specific way - I hate grindfesting, I only quest, that's why I more or less liked WoW - I could quest a lot, but still was missing tons from the game because I don't feel like doing instances with random people who will threaten to kill my family if I cast the wrong spell in the wrong moment.

The only two MMOs that I played for a longer time were Tibia and RO, both because I had a group of friends and overall I was familiar with the community. And even then I always had the lowest level because I used to go to places where I could die, hunt monsters that weren't worth hunting acording to "hardcore players" because there was a lot of risk that you'll die and the loot/exp was not equal, I read ingame books, talked with NPCs that did nothing but had some extra lines, or friggin baked bread (you can do that in Tibia). That's why I probobly won't play any MMO for longer than couple of hours, untill TOR comes out, because from what developers say - I have questing for granted there and also I already have a bunch of real life friends hyped out about the game so I won't be alone. And just like with Warcraft lore - I'm familiar with Star Wars.

Yeah I liked baking bread in Tibia. I also liked how open the world is for exploration. Sure there was areas where you'd likely die unless you were very careful and a little bit lucky, but in other MMOs most of the time places are just locations to spawn enemies to grind on, and there is little to no sense of exploration to them. That's sad since that's an incredibly easy thing to do.

Yeah, i hate games that are complete grind fests. unless they are action based fighting games. then its ok. but it gets annoying to just click on an enemy… then click 1... and then 2\. I'd recommend aika. its a pretty hardcore game. it nation wars, and the person that becomes king gets to control taxes and stuff. its really in depth. good music and graphics too.

btw, anna, where did you get your avi.?

Flyff is pretty popular for it's grinding.
But, the economy is all fucked and they don't do shit about it.

Otherwise Aika I've heard is good, but Never played it, since all europe IPs is blocked.
Battle of immortals I've heard alot good from, fairly new game.

@Xelander:

> Flyff is pretty popular for it's grinding.
> But, the economy is all ducked and they don't do shit about it.
>
> Otherwise Aika I've heard is good, but Never played it, since all europe IPs is blocked.
> Battle of immortals I've heard alot good from, fairly new game.

I didn't like it, was like an RTS/FPS/RPG. The mix could be good, but it's done badly.

• 4 weeks later...
If you want an mmo that gets a lot of awesome content all the time, then you will have to pay for time, I suggest you play games like Global Agenda and soon Lord of the rings online (not free yet) as they are free or going to be free soon and has been p2p games, they got great servers and have been developed much better than the normal quality of free mmos.

And don't play games like Soldier Front, Wolfteam and such that calls themself for MMOFPS's and the likes as they have nothing to do with MMOs and they are extremely poor.

Also, play HolyBeast Online for a great laugh of a terrible game! I love the song there is on the log in screen!

@DrNova:

> I disagree with the DDO comments I've seen. I tried it, put a few hours into it. Its just a boring game. I got no excitment at all from it.

I felt the same way.

And I got bored of BoI at aound lvl 60 because the game slows way way down. Also, after this last patch, Allods Online is shit. So, I'm lookin for a new game  :rolleyes: