Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GUI - Like it or not?

Sowtis

Working on a GUI for my game.

How does this look? Its simple but I like it, will upgrade the button icons and some other stuff after though.

The circular shaped part in the corner by the health / mana bars will be either the player's level or a portion of their player in there like a portrait.

![](http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo312/vRiPx/ingame.png)

If it will be a game where you level, maybe the circular bar could state what level you are, and it fills up with some color, depending on how much you got in percentage of the level? Other than that, pretty nice GUI.

Yes, I agree… I think the main color needs more work.  Right now it looks a little bit like throw up.  Of course, if you are looking for that color for a particular reason I'd say its pretty good.

If you tell us what your game is about that would help.
For a generic theme I would say to use tones of White, Black, and some Pastel Colours that are soft and smooth on the eyes.
As robin said get rid of those lines I see them on website designs that scream "web 2.0" and I dispise them.
For GUI keep things clear, concise and simple. Those buttons e.g Inventory look like they are floating, a background block to lift them off the main GUI would help for starters.

I got some info about my game here:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,60893.msg642605/topicseen.html#new

Its my pixel artist recruitment topic but I don't feel like rewriting the info / copy & pasting it haha!

Also, I was fucking baked out of my mind when doing this.

I did this in like an hour, and I had fun doing it. Its not the greatest, but it was good practice.

If you have anything to say that you might think is mean I don't care, say it. It may help me improve.

I want a flawless looking GUI! :)