Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Multiple Item Drops and Percentile Chances

balliztik1

added this to a vanilla (plain) EO1.0 and it wouldnt work. I had all them mismatch errors, then after fixing them I had constant problems with setting the % for them being dropped. always had a subscript out of range error.

Then after that had an issue server side with  (vNPC).

Could you re-write the tutorial and correct it?

I appreciate all your work, but if it's messy and has bugs then it's not exactly a good thing. I'll probably get flamed for this but still.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@delgado88:

> the tutorial should be write again, now more nicely and more carefully.

The tutorial is solid. Many people have followed it without any problems, including me. This is one of the best systems I've ever seen come out of Eclipse.

If there are small errors, fix them yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm all for learning. but responding like that just makes this community start to look like mirage source and look what happened there. I think there needs to be a slightly more "helping" thing going on or else all you elitist coders can siti n a corner making a game which never gets finished and laughing at us who cant and want help. Then let this forum die like MS did form the exact same reason XD

DFA, Matt, Robin, etc.

@'Aydan':

> I think there needs to be a slightly more "helping" thing going on

If you're using Origins then you need to learn to help yourself. I pointed out what the error was. It wouldn't kill him to Google what an array was. If he needs clarification then I'll be sure to reply with it, but people who're too lazy to even _try_ to help themselves don't deserve to be guided through everything.

You might not like how I give it, but my help actually shows people how to debug problems and fix them themselves. If you want someone to babysit you and tell you how to do every little thing, you shouldn't be making a game in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the tutorial, much appreciated.

As for those getting subscript out of range errors, do you get the error when in the NPC editor and try to enter a value into the "Chance" field? If so then try this fix;

Goto module: modGameEditors

Find:
```
Public Sub NpcEditorInit()
```
Underneath this:
```
DropIndex = frmEditor_NPC.scrlDrop.Value
```
Add this:
```
frmEditor_NPC.scrlDrop.Value = 1
```

There's probably a better place/way to fix this but I doubt you care about optimization ^_^

This script isn't bad although its very irritating!  :rolleyes: Some of us just dont know where to put shit with out assurance.

You need to explain a bit more where to place it like underneath this or above this. Also you have some variables that are NOT defined, and you cannot expect everyone to be able to define their own variable.

It's a nice attempt to help people but really its just an irritating tutorial. Very blah, no pics, nothing to really help you learn just copy N paste in spots and hope you got it right.

:icon_music:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So… I've got this to work with letting me add multiple items per NPC drop... but the whole percentage thing is not working. Its only letting me set a drop rate % as either 0 or 1 and if its 0 it never drops and 1 always drops.....

Am I not understanding this system right or is it not suppose to be so I can set an item to drop like 50% of the time, another item to drop 10% of the time and another item to drop 80% of the time?

@Ertzel:

> So… I've got this to work with letting me add multiple items per NPC drop... but the whole percentage thing is not working. Its only letting me set a drop rate % as either 0 or 1 and if its 0 it never drops and 1 always drops.....
>
> Am I not understanding this system right or is it not suppose to be so I can set an item to drop like 50% of the time, another item to drop 10% of the time and another item to drop 80% of the time?

It's based on factions/decimals.

I want an item to drop at the rate of 1 in 10, so I simply put in 1/10, it automatically converts it to decimal for me. In your case you want a 50% drop rate, thats 1/2\.

Hope this helps.  :cheesy: