Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

World of Hyrule Update

Dark Crusade

/facepalm.

Prince SkyNight, You have a lot of bias for nintendo. The thing is that every major cooperation will do the same thing. Decline permission to make a fan game, and then sue you if you do.

Helladen, I would assume it's not about "protecting" anything. A: They'd never want to share any potential profits from the game if they endorsed it, B: if they did endorse it, which they clearly won't, they'd want total control over the development, C: In the end, it wouldn't be what Kreator and the crew had intended.

A few final comments, Kreator I have a greater respect for you after reflecting on this for a while. Unlike some people you didn't mistake their denial letter for a go ahead, you did not press the issue farther than needed when the C&D was handed out, and you packed up and moved to a new and better project as any self respecting developer would.

@Wraith:

> jk, don't fire me  :P

I was about to comment that you're not allowed to be in on that joke, but then I realized that you ARE working for Beau. xD I saw your concept art. Was quite impressive. Enjoy being fired, sir. It's our way of welcoming you.

;)

As for WoH being done for, I hate to hear it, but with the breaks in WoH's development that kept occurring and working on two projects at once, at least this gives Beau a bit of refocus. Instead of worrying about progress for two games, he can relax a bit and just have to worry about keeping us delinquents in line.

;D

Lol maybe this will teach us a valuable lesson. 2 actually
1:make sure u ask for permission from nintendo if u r ganna make a fan based game :P
2: always stay dedicated to ur game. Unless it's worth it ,don't revive your game because you are most likely not interested.

World of Hyrule was actualy the only fan game that I was looking forward to, however with it demise my opinion that fan games should not be made at all comes back even stronger. The two reasons are as follows:

1\. Your game is such a high level of shit that the copywright owners won't even bother looking at it - therefore stop doing it.
2\. Your game reached the level where it could actualy go somewhere and it atracted the owners attention - therefore you will be forced to stop.

First of all the URL should work now, so that anyone can see the topic.

@Azure:

> What wraith suggests is a literal parody though I'm not sure it would fly too well in a game. Though I'm pretty sure if they wanted they could start changing names and by the end of the week have nothing to do with Zelda, but I'd say that really defeats the purpose of the game in the first place now doesn't it.

That I agree with. From the beginning, the plan was to-
1\. Create the first good/popular LoZ Online Fan-game.
2\. Found a community of growing zelda-fans, to enjoy a game I was passionate about making for free.

@Azure:

> A few final comments, Kreator I have a greater respect for you after reflecting on this for a while. Unlike some people you didn't mistake their denial letter for a go ahead, you did not press the issue farther than needed when the C&D was handed out, and you packed up and moved to a new and better project as any self respecting developer would.

Don't get me wrong, I obviously do want to fight this, but there's not much I can really do, as mentioned; it is a fan-game, using my favourite franchises intellectual property. I sent them a formal request to review my game, and consider sponsorship, or at least (and more likely), permission. However after learning about their regulations and realising what I hoped for won't happen, I've tried to keep positive, and yes, moving onto my new project which I've been working on the past few monthes.

@Ballie:

> As for WoH being done for, I hate to hear it, but with the breaks in WoH's development that kept occurring and working on two projects at once, at least this gives Beau a bit of refocus. Instead of worrying about progress for two games, he can relax a bit and just have to worry about keeping us delinquents in line.

World of Hyrule did have many bumps in development, as many development teams and projects do. These ranged from developers disappearing without notice for a while, and creative differences. However this is not to say that the amount of work we all put in was not taking the project anywhere. We were close to a beta release. We had the majority of the overworld completed, as well as an insane amount of monster sprites completed, equipment, and more. The only real tasks we had left to follow, was the dungeons, bosses and puzzles, as well as some advanced AI to make the monsters play more like they did in the official series.

Really a shame that it turned out this way. The project definitely had potential. What about graal online? that used to be basically zelda as far as i know. How did they not get hit? perhaps because the project name was different.

I am assuming Graal didn't even use the name Hyrule or or any of the regions from Zelda. It's more or less inspired, while WoH was clearly a well done fan game trying to push farther away from being claimed "Zelda" to avoid lawsuits. It's a shame this went down the way it did.

@Marsh:

> Really a shame that it turned out this way. The project definitely had potential. What about graal online? that used to be basically zelda as far as I know. How did they not get hit? perhaps because the project name was different.

I think as MrMiguu mentioned, it wasn't a true fan-game, but instead just heavily inspired.

I suspected this would happen one day, regardless I'm going to stand up straight and take all my experience and everything I learnt from this project. I will release and maintain a game, and a damn fine one at that. Elandor Chronicles is going better then any project I've worked on, the team is expanding steadily, and my motivation or interest has not even flinched. With no disrespect to Spainion, I had too many creative differences as well in World of Hyrule. That is absent in EC.

@Kreator:

> I suspected this would happen one day, regardless I'm going to stand up straight and take all my experience and everything I learnt from this project. I will release and maintain a game, and a damn fine one at that. Elandor Chronicles is going better then any project I've worked on, the team is expanding steadily, and my motivation or interest has not even flinched. With no disrespect to Spainion, I had too many creative differences as well in World of Hyrule. That is absent in EC.

I'm very disappointed WoH was shut down, so I can't imagine what it must be like for you guys. But, that ^ is exactly what I want to hear at this point  :azn: This experience makes Elandor Chronicles even stronger than it already is, I can't wait to see how it turns out. Best of luck, EC will be the greatest. I hope for only the best  :cheesy: