Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

World of Hyrule Update

Dark Crusade

With the recent return of Spainion, I thought development was going to pick-up again. But, as of this morning, It definitely isn't.

*Plays sad tune on violin*

http://www.worldofhyrule.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1256

I'm not going to bother saying much more, I've already jumped at about half a dozen people on MSN and raged about it.

I actually brought this up on another forum, with the letter that Kimimaru received as my first piece of evidence. With the information you've posted this cements a good view of Nintendo's opinion on fan games. Personally I find it rather sad that they are going out of their way to shut "good" ones down because in reality they only produce good marketing. The silver lining is that EC can continue without doubt from hence forth, correct?

Sorry to hear that =[

I should add that I think this is BS. How in the world are you hurting their franchise? Not only are you supporting the games yourself, you are advertising and promoting them while using your own graphics, art, and custom engine. I just don't get it.

On another note, the WoH sprites on your website are amazing; maybe you could do something with them? o.O In any case, they definitely add to your portfolio.

Good luck with everything and I hope Elandor Chronicles **takes off**.

Well we have no excuse for Elandor Chronicles. Unfortunately, without pointing fingers, the WoH team had a lot of creative differences. The foundation the game was being build upon (being the developers and our different opinions), was too conflicting. Without going into the specifics, I can assure you that not only does the Elandor team NOT have these issues, but its also a lot larger, and last but not least, its completely original intellectual property.

As mentioned though, we were close to another testing release, as belated as it would have been. And with all the work put in, it's so sad to see this happen.

It is a really sad day for all fan games because as it was quoted in the info from that thread there is now a "no tolerance" policy which I don't think many people will agree with. As for EC we can only look to the future and hope to see good things.

otc- Once I'm used to the keyboard I'm using I'll submit some samples with an application. Better to have some thing submitted and be turned down, then to harp on and on about it, no?

My post got cut off for some reason,

Beau, I think you did terrific. Look, at it this way, your game had to be very good for Nintendo to bother contacting you, its a shame you can't continue to develop the game.

@Kreator:

> Sure, I'll pm it to you Tepnet

Just on a side note, if your serious I'm happy, its such a sexy engine.

Wait! I have the GRATEST IDEA!!!

All you have to do is make the game World of Hybule

It'll have Beku Shrubs and Hybulians and Sora's (fish-like people) and the game is based off of a kid in a gay looking green suit named Kink.

Oh, theres also a lot of bosses too. Like King Dobongo, and Queen Boma.

Oh my god this is an amazing idea you guys should totally do that!  :icon_surprised:

jk, don't fire me  :P

@Wraith:

> It is a sad day for us all  :sad:
>
> But the good thing is that Elandor Chronicles is an original idea and nintendo can't screw you guys over on that one  ;)

With this already been said, I don't have to log in to see what it's about. They gave you a C@D didn't they?

What wraith suggests is a literal parody though I'm not sure it would fly too well in a game. Though I'm pretty sure if they wanted they could start changing names and by the end of the week have nothing to do with Zelda, but I'd say that really defeats the purpose of the game in the first place now doesn't it.

All hail before Eland Chronicles, Zelda with less Corporate fail.