Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

togekite

@togekite:

> I started messing with my new Wacom Intuos 4 today and I must say, I really like the darned thing.

That's the same graphics tablet I have :)

Well, for 2 weeks of learning it's not bad. The only advice I can give is the only advice I have for any artist, study anatomy and draw from life when you aren't studying. Oh, and don't try and speed through your progression. Go at a steady pace.

Aren't you the doode doing the concept art Elandor? :cheesy:
I'm one of the music composers, nice to finally meetcha! And of course thanks for the advice. Studying anatomy was one of the first things I did before ever getting on the paper, actually. The only problem is that there are some disparities between realism and manga, and I like some balance on both. My interest in American cartoons doesn't help much either  :evil:

btw, what do you mean by "speed through your progression" ? Do you mean like uh…trying to skip around with my focus or something? iono if that made sense.

I LIEK FIRST ONE LOL

I myself thought about getting into drawing with a tablet, I even have a graphics tablet. However, I never really enjoyed drawing by hand, I guess you can call me a fan of pixelling with the mouse, or otherwise; other things like 3d modelling. Plus it's hard to learn so many things at once when I have not too much time.

@togekite:

> btw, what do you mean by "speed through your progression" ? Do you mean like uh…trying to skip around with my focus or something? iono if that made sense.

I've seen some people look at other artists and want to be as good as they are as quickly as possible, so they rush through studies and draw all day. The problem is that most of the time I see those people just get frustrated and quit drawing for awhile, I'm just saying don't get obsessed :)

@Wraith:

> @togekite:
>
> > btw, what do you mean by "speed through your progression" ? Do you mean like uh…trying to skip around with my focus or something? iono if that made sense.
>
> I've seen some people look at other artists and want to be as good as they are as quickly as possible, so they rush through studies and draw all day. The problem is that most of the time I see those people just get frustrated and quit drawing for awhile, I'm just saying don't get obsessed :)

Lol. My younger cousin's making that mistake already, and it's frustrating to look at the results, really. This isn't something I get obsessed with though. Like I said, I'm more passionate about music.

Looks nice. I got a Tablet too, just bought a crappy one to start with to see if I got interested in it. I sucked. Hard. It's a Trust tablet, pretty big for the price but yeah, I draw way better with a paper and a pen than my tablet. Not sure if it's the tablet or me that's fucked up. xD

My mother bought me a £20 graphic tablet for christmas a couple of years ago. It's light, plastic and felt so rough and horrible. You could hear the plastic pen nib scraping loudly against the tablet. Just… horrible.

It just so happened to be a "Trust" tablet... But, on the other hand, I have the best mouse I've ever had from Trust and still have it. It has eight buttons on it - EIGHT. Zoom, Prev/Next, Left, middle, right and a DPI to switch to slower movement.

I need one of these smoothly designed Wacom beasts for $470\. That shit looks epic. The customizable buttons are awesome. I need a little button pad with an array of customizable macros and, anyway. Good stuff.

I had this bur broke the pen:
![](http://www.ksol.pl/images/products/tablety-graficzne/quadpen_0.jpg)
Then I had this but could afford a better one:
![](http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4267/p2006tabletmaxi4jpg.jpg)
Now I have this one:
![](http://www.pentagram.pl/var/pentagram/storage/images/media/pentagram/photos/products/graphic_tablets/p2005_tablet_midi1_jpg/53028-1-eng-GB/p2005_tablet_midi1_jpg.jpg)

rotflmao… that Trust tablet has EXACLY the same desing as another company's one.
Also togekite, good that you mentioned it, because we all know that musicians are no artists lol.

@togekite:

> you know what I meant, so you don't need to be a prick about it.

Robin is only jokin' man, he jokes around with everyone, especially on EC. I'm the guy he always hates, Ballie is the one who always gets fired, Wraith, Im not sure he has come up with a scenario yet, and you- he keeps forgetting who you are?

• 2 weeks later...