Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Programming book

aaaron

hey, so I have a game programming book almost done and was wondering if any one has ideas for it.

it pretty much tells you what the languages are, and how to get started with making a game along with some tutorials and development.

@Fiddy:

> hey, so I have a game programming book almost done and was wondering if any one has ideas for it.
>
> it pretty much tells you what the languages are, and how to get started along with some tutorials and development.

restate your statement. I am unsure what you want us to tell you or what you are trying to tell us.

@Harris:

> @ÅÐмIядζ:
>
> > [**Repetition**](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,62702.msg665236.html#msg665236).
>
> Eh?

I explained it in [**THIS**](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,62702.msg665249.html#msg665249) post.

@Harris:

> Have you got a section on what it takes to make a game? Alot of people think (not Eclipse) that only big companies can make games.

yup. sure do.

i also have some resources (game engines) for the noobs.

i was also wondering if i could put in a Eclipse Section. like with how to use the engine, how to script, and other stuff…..(marsh or the admins, mods?)

You could also probably put in something in regards to in-game physics, mathematical level balancing and population growth of ORPGs. Or is that to much to ask? Cause that is pretty key to developing a good game. As for the section, you could only if you do not plan to make any money off of it. Otherwise, you must talk to Marsh and work out the royalty deals. ;D

- Adulese

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=62702.msg665398#msg665398 date=1279420553]
> You could also probably put in something in regards to in-game physics, mathematical level balancing and population growth of ORPGs.

Go pull your dick out of maths.

@Fiddy:

> hey, so I have a game programming book almost done and was wondering if any one has ideas for it.
>
> it pretty much tells you what the languages are, and how to get started with making a game along with some tutorials and development.

Does it explain what finite automata and more specifically radix trees are and why they beat both hash maps and string arrays in performance?

@Anthony: your [recursion](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,62702.msg665898.html#msg665898) is fail.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@Fiddy:

> no…but I could put that in there

Nah, it's better to put that in a book covering programming languages. Anyway, does your book tell shit about the game design document? e.g. the what, the why, the how, the when, the who?

Regards,
  Stephan.