Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The 3ds

Xavi

After watching videos of E3, I'm pretty excited about the 3ds. Nintendo is once again revolutionizing the video game industry.
Some of the new stuff they're introducing with the 3ds sounds really cool, while other features just sound weird. The analog disk that they're introducing was, in my opinion, a great call. D-pads just don't work very well in 3d rendered environments, do they? I'm also glad that they increased the specs from the DS, which in my opinion was it's greatest shortcoming.
Then of course there's the 3d technology. There's a lot you could do with this in a game, and I'm very excited to see what game developers use it for. The 3d camera is something I don't really understand though, what does that mean exactly? One other odd thing is it's support for 3d movies. Why? It just seems unnecessary and tacked on to me.

Overall, the 3ds looks good, and I'm buying it. I can't wait to see what they're gunna do with all this new stuff they're adding.

What do you think about the 3ds?

@SmackAHobo:

> @Xavi:
>
> > After watching videos of E3, I'm pretty excited about the 3ds. Nintendo is once again revolutionizing the video game industry.
>
> Ha! Is this a joke? Wii = Fail

From your eyes the Nintendo Wii is a "fail", but in the eyes of many on this planet it is an excellent piece of equipment. What makes it a "fail" you really have not included any information about your opinion.

@SmackAHobo:

> @Xavi:
>
> > After watching videos of E3, I'm pretty excited about the 3ds. Nintendo is once again revolutionizing the video game industry.
>
> Ha! Is this a joke? Wii = Fail

Thanks for your biased input. Next time you say that something is fail, please back up your statement with a reason or two as of why it is fail.

Regards,
  Stephan.

If the Wii is fail, then why is the ps3 copying it? the wii originated the whole idea. yes, its graphics do suck, but thats besides the point.

Im loving everything hey have shown of the 3DS so far. it has a lot of potential. im hoping to see some sort of NVidia graphics card in it, so the graphics arent that bad.

@SmackAHobo:

> I think this sums it up pretty well: [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_axfdgtpw8](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_axfdgtpw8)

Wow, that's pathetic. Not only did it irritate me when I had to open a video, just to see what your possible arguments could be, but it irritated me even more when I actually saw the video. On top of that you could have just listed those in your reply instead, but you seem to be lazy to do that and therefore have delivered no contribution at all to this thread. Not to mention that this thread is actually about the Nintendo 3DS and not the Nintendo Wii, which are two totally different products, even though they are from the same company.

And for the record, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, especially since they appear to hate people like me as they keep trying to ban homebrew software from their consoles all the time, which can be a good thing, when done so by the right people (e.g. PPC Linux).

Regards,
  Stephan.

Well done Stephan it seems you too are also contributing little to this thread.
Had you actually read the first post:
@Xavi:

> Nintendo is once again revolutionizing the video game industry.

He was talking about the Wii, hence the discussion of the Wii.
Furthermore, do I care what you think of my methods of getting my point across are?

@Zonova:

> If the Wii is fail, then why is the ps3 copying it? the wii originated the whole idea. yes, its graphics do suck, but thats besides the point.
>
> Im loving everything hey have shown of the 3DS so far. it has a lot of potential. im hoping to see some sort of NVidia graphics card in it, so the graphics arent that bad.

Since when is the PS3 copying the Wii? and yes the gfx do suck along with the lack of HD, poorly implemented Internet capabilities and all of its games, save Mario Cart and Zelda.

I also look forward to the 3D's, looks very interesting and revolutionary for the most part, should be interesting to see how it turns out.

If I buy it, I'll probably only use the whole "3d" thing for about five minutes. I don't understand this gimmick. The rest of it is awesome, but for me, 3d is, and always will be, a gimmick. Same thing goes for 3d movies; I'd rather watch the regular 2d versions.

One thing I can't wait for on the 3ds is the remake of LoZ:OoT

>>He was talking about the Wii, hence the discussion of the Wii.
Furthermore, do I care what you think of my methods of getting my point across are?

Well, not necessarily. He could be talking about a number of systems made by nintendo.

>>Since when is the PS3 copying the Wii? and yes the gfx do suck along with the lack of HD, poorly implemented Internet capabilities and all of its games, save Mario Cart and Zelda.

The PS3 Move is what i think its called. Its a motion controller.

If you think games suck just because of graphics, you're a sad individual. Gaming is about the experience, the feel, how involved you are, and the Wii attempted that, the 3DS is going for that too, it also has motion controls.

Gasming isn't about GFX, it's about the games.

@SmackAHobo:

> Well done Stephan it seems you too are also contributing little to this thread.

I actually posted a reason as of why I don't contribute yet. There are no specifications available yet. The only thing you're doing here is posting some bullshit about how the Wii sucks while this thread is definitely about the 3DS. Next time you accuse me of doing something wrong, be sure that it is wrong.

@SmackAHobo:

> Had you actually read the first post:
> @Xavi:
>
> > Nintendo is once again revolutionizing the video game industry.
>
> He was talking about the Wii, hence the discussion of the Wii.

He didn't mention any console, so how are you so sure he's talking about the Wii? He could as well talk about the GameBoy. Stop assuming and GTFO if all you want to do is post about how the Wii lacks graphics, since we weren't even talking about that until you showed up your arse in this thread.

@SmackAHobo:

> Furthermore, do I care what you think of my methods of getting my point across are?

No, but my point was that you don't have any point. Therefore your methods are pretty non-existent.

@Zonova:

> If the Wii is fail, then why is the ps3 copying it? the wii originated the whole idea. yes, its graphics do suck, but thats besides the point.
>
> Im loving everything hey have shown of the 3DS so far. it has a lot of potential. im hoping to see some sort of NVidia graphics card in it, so the graphics arent that bad.

@SmackAHobo:

> I also look forward to the 3D's, looks very interesting and revolutionary for the most part, should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Was it that hard to post something that was directly related to the subject?

Regards,
  Stephan.

>>Graphics shouldn't amther to much.
IMO, I like n64 graphics more then wii or any other console.

Really? i agree that gameplay is the main point, but if the graphics suck so bad that it gives you a head ache, the why would you bother playing?

>>If you think games suck just because of graphics, you're a sad individual. Gaming is about the experience, the feel, how involved you are, and the Wii attempted that, the 3DS is going for that too, it also has motion controls.

Thats true. though, i also feel that 3d is more of a "feature" then the main point. graphically speaking, the ds is getting behind the times, and it really needs a boost. i mean, i know graphics dont make the game, but they do play a pretty big part in it.

Oh god! What the hell happened to my topic?? Where do I start…

@SmackAHobo:

> He was talking about the Wii, hence the discussion of the Wii.

Please don't put words in my mouth. Personally I like the Wii, but that wasn't the only time Nintendo tried something new.
Remember the NES? It brought the world out of the video game crash, and was a model for future video game systems for years to come. Remember the Nintendo64? It brought analog sticks into the mix, something that we couldn't imagine having without. Remember the Gameboy? A durable handheld system with interchangeable cartridges and a relatively easy to see screen.
Look, I didn't type all that crap up about the *3DS* to have people debate about the wii and whether or not we are on topic. If you don't like the Wii, that's fine. It's not a perfect system. But when you use a video someone else made to convey your thoughts on it, then I don't think your qualified enough to debate on it. Oh, and then there's the problem that this topic has ALMOST NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WII!!!

Ok, back on topic:
@l0lz!:

> Bleh, I hope I can trade in my DS Lite for a discount on it or something. I have a feeling its going to be overpriced D;

I think I heard somewhere that it would be around $200, so yea, it'll be a bit pricey.
@pryex:

> If you think games suck just because of graphics, you're a sad individual. Gaming is about the experience, the feel, how involved you are, and the Wii attempted that, the 3DS is going for that too, it also has motion controls.
>
> Gasming isn't about GFX, it's about the games.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think graphics are good enough if they aren't hard to look at and convey what they are supposed to be. Heck, even the NES could pull that off.

• 2 weeks later...
Most ppl dont like the WII because they are XBOX360 or PS3 players, they like the online multiplayer games, and WII does not have many that are online. But the 3D does look pretty cool, I'm actually thinking about getting one. I can watch movies on it in 3D then. Be pretty cool. Plus I like the Zelda Oricana of Time. (forgive the spelling, im still half asleep) I'm more of simulation type of game person, so I find WII fun to play cause of HM and RF. (for those who don't know HM=Harvest Moon, and RF=Rune Factory)

• 2 weeks later...