Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Dx8

Mikekan13

@Slowpoke:

> Wasn't Robin doing a DX8 version for personal use? And something about textures was annoying him. It was in the podcast though which is quite old.

Key word:" personal",he's not releasing it to the public or the engine I believe. If he did, that would be cool.

Texture sizes need to be ^ 2 to work on old and/or on-board graphics cards. I prefer my stuff being dynamic.

I've experimented with a D3D7/DD7 hybrid engine before, but I couldn't get texturing to work properly. I'll probably look into doing that more soon.

• 4 weeks later...
@Devo:

> Chris managed to do it, guess he didnt steal that one :)

Ha, Chris sucks, badly

DirectX8 Is pretty Simple i've seen robins DX8 class which was good didnt like the way it was in a class mod but it was good. Although i still think i have the best DirectX Source out there, 900FPS Compiled running particles.(VBGore is Pretty good). I liked the way Robin Loaded his textures in in Dx8\. i was amazed

^2 Sucks though. AA can cause problems with DX8 to.

@MarkMorris:

> @Devo:
>
> > Chris managed to do it, guess he didnt steal that one :)
>
> Ha, Chris sucks, badly
>
> DirectX8 Is pretty Simple I've seen robins DX8 class which was good didnt like the way it was in a class mod but it was good. Although I still think I have the best DirectX Source out there, 900FPS Compiled running particles.(VBGore is Pretty good). I liked the way Robin Loaded his textures in in Dx8\. I was amazed
>
> ^2 Sucks though. AA can cause problems with DX8 to.

What the hell was the point of the giant picture? Who cares if you can code better than Xaden or not. No one really gives a shit.

@Devo:

> You cant code for shit, bottom line.

Was that comment necessary? D:

@Mark: dun troll p10x.
@Mikekan13: DX8 might seem great to convert-and-all. If you're gonna 2d then just DX7\. DX8 steps into textures, which makes having 2d graphics be rendered and loaded much more of a bitch. If you honestly want a good demo of how it should be done, find Robin's old Essence 3.0 engine (dunno where to find) or just look at VBgore.

- Miguu

@MarkMorris:

> Ha, Chris sucks, badly
>
> DirectX8 Is pretty Simple I've seen robins DX8 class which was good didnt like the way it was in a class mod but it was good. Although I still think I have the best DirectX Source out there, 900FPS Compiled running particles.(VBGore is Pretty good). I liked the way Robin Loaded his textures in in Dx8\. I was amazed
>
> ^2 Sucks though. AA can cause problems with DX8 to.

Don't fucking spark an argument and then just repeat what I said.