Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ambardia version 9.0.1

Ambardia version 9.0.1

**The newest and greatest Ambardia version is now up!**
[http://ambardia.com/AmbardiaGame/AmbardiaV9/Ambardiav902Installer.exe](http://ambardia.com/AmbardiaGame/AmbardiaV9/Ambardiav902Installer.exe)

You must install this newer version or you will not be able to play. The newest version also auto installs the lib files now as well so you don't have too.

We have been working hard for over a week on this version. It includes a new quest to get you started on the new sailing skill.

It includes a built in high scores list that auto updates itself every 24 hours.

There is also a new Item Mall for those who want to advance a bit faster as well as help support Ambardias costs.

You will also notice all new music and updated area maps.

If you have any problems with the installer or playing the game please reply to this thread.

Ambard of Ambardia

Please, _please_ make sure the installer allows you to not install the library files. And make sure it doesn't remove them if you didn't install them with the installer.

I generally avoid every Eclipse game which has an installer because people don't know how to set them up properly without destroying my runtime files.

@Robin:

> It would also be nice to put up a stand alone program as well. Installers will always be better for computer newbs, but anyone with any experience will always prefer stand-alone.

You are the rare exception concearning experience my friend :P

It's great to hear that Ambardia is still going strong. I may try out this new version because I'm sure it will be amazing!

@Robin:

> Please, _please_ make sure the installer allows you to not install the library files. And make sure it doesn't remove them if you didn't install them with the installer.
>
> I generally avoid every Eclipse game which has an installer because people don't know how to set them up properly without destroying my runtime files.

Maybe Ambard could take what we do in the SMBO installer as an example. We make the installer not install the library files; instead, there's a .exe file in the main folder with all the other files named "RUN THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY THE GAME!" People who have played Eclipse games before would know that these are the library files and would therefore not run them if they already have them installed. However, new players would obviously run it because of its name, lol. It works pretty well, I'd say.

@europris:

> Nice work :cheesy:
>
> But I don't like the grafic so much, it's like 3D just in 2D  :lipsrsealed:
>
> Anyway, it's good game continue the great work! ;)

That would be called Isometric, i totally love them xD.

Hey, i checked that custom graph screens a was wondered about some cool rendered objects but without shades and out-of contrast\sharpness. So wona ask why didnt u add them (shadows) to add obgects\buildings?  As exampe i took a screen and add some by about 5 min:

@NGHS:

> @europris:
>
> > Nice work :cheesy:
> >
> > But I don't like the grafic so much, it's like 3D just in 2D  :lipsrsealed:
> >
> > Anyway, it's good game continue the great work! ;)
>
> That would be called Isometric, I totally love them xD.

Not really. Ambardia has the same movement system like any other eclipse game. Take H@H for example. H@H is isometric because players can move sideways(I don't know how to explain it XD).