Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best country to move to? (Seriously.)

Tompwnage

@The:

> It has been raining all day long. Today is a depressive day, but oh well, it's better than winter. As for politics the current party model seems to be: [CDA](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Democratic_Appeal) and [VVD](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Party_for_Freedom_and_Democracy) with support from the [PVV](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_for_Freedom) (liberal, nationalistic and Christian; as a side note, our country is basically democratic and uses the C.P.R. model which stands for Constitutional Parliamentary Regime).
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

Nice, I am going to look into it more.  :azn:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tompwnageâ„¢:

> @ÅÐмIядζ:
>
> > I'm actually looking at Chile; their climate is pretty close to the US's, depending on where in Chile you're living; their water system is also pretty good, and bribes/dishonest politics, etc, is actually looked down upon (you'd be stupid NOT to bribe a Mexican officer).
> > They're also pretty friendly to Americans, from what I've read.
> >
> > My alternative, would be somewhere in Europe, probably.
>
> Definably Europe, I am just trying to come up with mine now and start college there probably. I just don't want to be around once the dollar crashes then it will be total hell + all the money is worthless.

>implying that the Euro is not tied to the US dollar

@Zetta:

> @Tompwnageâ„¢:
>
> > @ÅÐмIядζ:
> >
> > > I'm actually looking at Chile; their climate is pretty close to the US's, depending on where in Chile you're living; their water system is also pretty good, and bribes/dishonest politics, etc, is actually looked down upon (you'd be stupid NOT to bribe a Mexican officer).
> > > They're also pretty friendly to Americans, from what I've read.
> > >
> > > My alternative, would be somewhere in Europe, probably.
> >
> > Definably Europe, I am just trying to come up with mine now and start college there probably. I just don't want to be around once the dollar crashes then it will be total hell + all the money is worthless.
>
> >implying that the Euro is not tied to the US dollar

>implying that the Euro will still exist for a long time.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@The:

> @Zetta:
>
> > @Tompwnageâ„¢:
> >
> > > @ÅÐмIядζ:
> > >
> > > > I'm actually looking at Chile; their climate is pretty close to the US's, depending on where in Chile you're living; their water system is also pretty good, and bribes/dishonest politics, etc, is actually looked down upon (you'd be stupid NOT to bribe a Mexican officer).
> > > > They're also pretty friendly to Americans, from what I've read.
> > > >
> > > > My alternative, would be somewhere in Europe, probably.
> > >
> > > Definably Europe, I am just trying to come up with mine now and start college there probably. I just don't want to be around once the dollar crashes then it will be total hell + all the money is worthless.
> >
> > >implying that the Euro is not tied to the US dollar
>
> >implying that the Euro will still exist for a long time.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

Also implying the country's not bankrupt with a ton of corrupt bankers that ''Think'' they rule the country.

@Tompwnageâ„¢:

> @The:
>
> > @Zetta:
> >
> > > @Tompwnageâ„¢:
> > >
> > > > @ÅÐмIядζ:
> > > >
> > > > > I'm actually looking at Chile; their climate is pretty close to the US's, depending on where in Chile you're living; their water system is also pretty good, and bribes/dishonest politics, etc, is actually looked down upon (you'd be stupid NOT to bribe a Mexican officer).
> > > > > They're also pretty friendly to Americans, from what I've read.
> > > > >
> > > > > My alternative, would be somewhere in Europe, probably.
> > > >
> > > > Definably Europe, I am just trying to come up with mine now and start college there probably. I just don't want to be around once the dollar crashes then it will be total hell + all the money is worthless.
> > >
> > > >implying that the Euro is not tied to the US dollar
> >
> > >implying that the Euro will still exist for a long time.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Stephan.
>
> Also implying the countrys not bankrupt with a ton of corrupt bankers.

For the Netherlands it would be more worthwhile to switch back to the Gulden than stay with the Euro or use another existing, but crappish currency like the Dollar. So far the EU failed altogether with the Euro, even though I liked the fact that Neelie Kroes participated in it and still does, actually. To be honest, we only got the Euro because of some shitty minister who thought we needed it. If he didn't exist, we wouldn't have switched for sure.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@alexdee67:

> Im american and couldn't agree more with that statment!!!

At-least I am not the only one that has realized what is going on.
Thing's are going to get ugly here, the economy is plunging badly, soon the dollar won't be worth anything.

Make that 3\. You're asking the wrong question. It's supposed to be:
What country you wouldn't move to. Figure that out and the rest is easy ;D.

Geeze, you guys are all downers and pessimists…

I pick Canada. We have moose, beavers, Marsh, free health-care (the slowness is blown way out of proportion), better beer than the Americans, and we have a town called Dildo.

Oh, and don't forget our awesome monopoly money.

@The:

> For the Netherlands it would be more worthwhile to switch back to the Gulden than stay with the Euro or use another existing, but crappish currency like the Dollar. So far the EU failed altogether with the Euro, even though I liked the fact that Neelie Kroes participated in it and still does, actually. To be honest, we only got the Euro because of some shitty minister who thought we needed it. If he didn't exist, we wouldn't have switched for sure.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

Stephen this is a little offtopic but I am curious. Since the EU is worth more then the USD would prices actually change or how would I handle it ''If'' I exchange my USDs for EU's basically worth more. How much is the cost of living ect clothing in comparison. I am curious about that. Or would it just be the same in price as in USDs (Amount) = EUS (Amount) = Price of object. Also any language barriers?

@[Cake:

> In7el3ct link=topic=63802.msg681869#msg681869 date=1281896386]
> Geeze, you guys are all downers and pessimists…
>
> I pick Canada. We have moose, beavers, Marsh, free health-care (the slowness is blown way out of proportion), better beer than the Americans, and we have a town called Dildo.
>
> Oh, and don't forget our awesome monopoly money.

That is interesting… O,O

@Jeff:

> also remember the language barriers for some of these countries.

English generally works fine in West-Europe (Benelux, U.K., Republic of Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal). If you are capable of speaking Dutch (Benelux). If you are capable of speaking French (France, Benelux, Switzerland). If you are capable of speaking German (Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, perhaps Poland, Sweden and Norway). If you are capable of speaking Spanish/Italian (Spain, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland). I would stick with West-Europe though, East-Europe is generally poor (one of the reasons why the Euro failed).

@Tompwnageâ„¢:

> @The:
>
> > For the Netherlands it would be more worthwhile to switch back to the Gulden than stay with the Euro or use another existing, but crappish currency like the Dollar. So far the EU failed altogether with the Euro, even though I liked the fact that Neelie Kroes participated in it and still does, actually. To be honest, we only got the Euro because of some shitty minister who thought we needed it. If he didn't exist, we wouldn't have switched for sure.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Stephan.
>
> Stephen this is a little offtopic but I am curious. Since the EU is worth more then the USD would prices actually change or how would I handle it ''If'' I exchange my USDs for EU's basically worth more. How much is the cost of living ect clothing in comparison. I am curious about that. Or would it just be the same in price as in USDs (Amount) = EUS (Amount) = Price of object. Also any language barriers?

Basically, there are a few problems with exchanging money. America has one benefit here, and that is that America is cheaper and that's very noticeable most of the times. But then again, with a good job (in Europe, that is), you can easily **re**-immigrate (XD) into Europe.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@The:

> Stephen this is a little offtopic but I am curious. Since the EU is worth more then the USD would prices actually change or how would I handle it ''If'' I exchange my USDs for EU's basically worth more. How much is the cost of living ect clothing in comparison. I am curious about that. Or would it just be the same in price as in USDs (Amount) = EUS (Amount) = Price of object. Also any language barriers?

Basically, there are a few problems with exchanging money. America has one benefit here, and that is that America is cheaper and that's very noticeable most of the times. But then again, with a good job (in Europe, that is), you can easily **re**-immigrate (XD) into Europe.

Regards,
  Stephan.

How would a exchange go basically USD amount =  EU amount

@Tompwnageâ„¢:

> @The:
>
> > Stephen this is a little offtopic but I am curious. Since the EU is worth more then the USD would prices actually change or how would I handle it ''If'' I exchange my USDs for EU's basically worth more. How much is the cost of living ect clothing in comparison. I am curious about that. Or would it just be the same in price as in USDs (Amount) = EUS (Amount) = Price of object. Also any language barriers?
>
> Basically, there are a few problems with exchanging money. America has one benefit here, and that is that America is cheaper and that's very noticeable most of the times. But then again, with a good job (in Europe, that is), you can easily **re**-immigrate (XD) into Europe.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

How would a exchange go basically USD amount =  EU amount

Basically, when exchanging money, you are buying it so normally you pay whatever the amount of Euros you want cost (Currently: 1 U.S. dollar = 0.784129224 Euros), plus usually some additional fee for the exchange.

Regards,
  Stephan.

Well I wouldn't say England, well if you like rain, sarcasm and people moaning all day then this country is the best ever! But I would recommend France, I used to stay with my grand-dad there and I thought it was lovely.

I would live in Paris if I was you, very nice place and everyone is nice  :icon_music:

Sweden is pretty good. We get payed for going to school instead of paying for it. Legal age to fuck is 15, drinking 18, driving 18.. buying alcohol 20.. o.o
Really sucks the whole drinking system we got here.. You can go out to pubs etc when you're 18 and drink, but we only got ONE company that are allowed to sell alcoholic beverages over 3.5% alcohol (Good part is because of that they can import about anything.), but yeah.. You need to be 20 to buy from that place. We pay quite a bit in taxes though.

@Aªr°n:

> Well I wouldn't say England, well if you like rain, sarcasm and people moaning all day then this country is the best ever! But I would recommend France, I used to stay with my grand-dad there and I thought it was lovely.
>
> I would live in Paris if I was you, very nice place and everyone is nice  :icon_music:

I have been there for three days a few years ago. It was pretty nice, nothing to complain about. But then again, I never had problems with most other countries in West-Europe either.

@Jungletoeâ„¢:

> I would move to Italy purely for the pasta.
>
> The one thing that I wouldn't want to leave America for is Chipotle. I'm completely serious.

Each European country has its own grande cuisine. You're ignorant if you only go to Italy for the pasta.

@Kusy:

> I think you'd fit on Madagaskar.

Gah, but no diseases will ever reach that country.

@Zetta:

> ITT: nationalists who got trolled for 3 pages.

You got trolled?

@Lukin:

> Sweden is pretty good. We get payed for going to school instead of paying for it. Legal age to duck is 15, drinking 18, driving 18.. buying alcohol 20.. o.o
> Really sucks the whole drinking system we got here.. You can go out to pubs etc when you're 18 and drink, but we only got ONE company that are allowed to sell alcoholic beverages over 3.5% alcohol (Good part is because of that they can import about anything.), but yeah.. You need to be 20 to buy from that place. We pay quite a bit in taxes though.

Everything but driving requires an age of sixteen here, whereas driving requires an age of eighteen.

Regards,
  Stephan.