Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why you make a game?

DshWinchester

• 3 weeks later...
All the poll choices you gave us make no sense.

-You don't make a game to play it with friends - you play a game someone made then.
-We don't talk about this on Eclipse…
-You don't do something if you belive it's a waste of time unless you are paid for it or a slave.
-That's a joke isn't it? You don't dream about game development if your PC can't handle anything more than Eclipse graphics.

Old versions of Eclipse actually run slower than most 3D games, so the 4th point doesn't make any sense.

I started making video games because I believe they're a very effective medium for storytelling. My programming stemmed from the complete lack of any decent tools to create these games.

@avak62:

> I think you need to start somewhere in game making
> and it just fun to things because you can put your own ideas in your own game.
> And earning money why not  ;) every ping ping counts :P

I agree, you always have you start somewhere. But you don't stay hear for long mostly. Just look at the forum. There is tens of thousands of accounts and there is only 30 on at a time. So people move one from here.

This is like the starting point in someones career  :azn:

It's purely the fact and excitement people get of making their own games, Eclipse is an amazing starting point and homehub for many gamemaking veterans, the people that become part of the eclipse family usually end up on their way to high places.

• 2 weeks later...