Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Working on 3d

zade_o

Well I've decided to move my vikings game towards a 3d viewpoint so I've just started 3d modeling. My first attempt was horrible so I trashed it and this is my 2nd attempt.

![](http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1121/firstsuccessfulmodel.png)

Granted I still need to learn texturing and animating so don't make any comments regarding texture. I know the head needs to be reworked but anybody who knows more about modeling feel free to make some suggestions? I don't really know how it all works I'm just kinda learning as I go.

Eh, been there done that, It makes the poly count way too high and it's not that much easier than what I'm doing. Plus I've read it's fairly hard to animate models from zbrush.

p.s. looking online at mr. incredible I realize now that I need to buff up the thighs a bit.

Try Blender 3D. Its a little hard to learn the interface but once that is down you will be able to do anything. It has a built in game engine. It's not that great. Its a python based engine. But its able to export thing to anything you need with plugins.

On Topic. The model isn't half bad. Better than my human model that looked like a square.

• 3 weeks later...
@Ghost:

> Eh, been there done that, It makes the poly count way too high and it's not that much easier than what I'm doing. Plus I've read it's fairly hard to animate models from zbrush.
>
> p.s. looking online at mr. incredible I realize now that I need to buff up the thighs a bit.

You can reduce the polycount before exporting :P But suite yourself.

• 2 weeks later...