Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Christian View of Pokemon

Scribbyz

[Christian View of Pokemon](http://www.snotr.com/embed/3559)

Thought this was interesting. I was going to put this in the debate section, but decided not too. Just to see everyone's views on Pokemon; including the christian community that might be lingering in the Eclipse forums.

Just wanted to know what other people think of this. I personally see no problem in this, but I also have no religious background.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

… I can't even form an opinion right now, my mind got literaly smashed by this. And it's not called extreme christians. Extreme christians lock themselves in cloisters, they go to the church and pray twice a day, they are extreamly religious... this is an example of amrican christianity... an endemic phenomena of moronity.

Yeah old debate is old. The irony is that now there is more room for a debate. With one of the pokemon being a representation of god, and the talk of pokemon being worshiped I could find more validity in the argument.

Personally I like pokemon, though in my older age I think it needs to die. It's been milked for far too long.

@kusy, you are right. For the most part the American view of Christianity swings in several directions.

I'm a christian, born and raised, got an award for serving from the Bishop.
Some of the vocal idiots calling themselves christian makes me want to hurt something.
I saw one of them explain why candles were evil, and should be banned from good christian homes and churches.

You want to see a good example of the worst that modern Christianity has to offer? Go check out Demonbuster.com . As a warning, it has some painful midi music background, but it explains why absolutely everything is EVIL and the fault of DEMONS. The also really like CAPITALIZING words partway through sentences.

You know from a psychological point of view, these types of people are only fear mongering. I grew up on pokemon, literally. It was the first game I ever played(blue) and I play them to this day out of nostalgia(I've been playing white in japanese).

I can honestly say that never once did I think of any of this idiocy. Pokemon games taught me problem solving, patience, persistence, kindness(they push that in the show more so), and to a lessor extent a sense of justice.

Now I can't say in all my favoritism that the games did me all good, because I can't count how many wasted nights I sat up and played the games instead of sleeping, but that's about the worst thing that ever came of them for me.

Here in my college years, I still see many people playing the games, and I don't think any less of them. A game is a game, and as long as it's clear to the player that it isn't real then there should be no hassle.

@Miguu:

> @Gohan:
>
> > Wow… these people think way too much :huh:
>
> The **_irony_** there is that they actually don't think enough.
>
> People try to pervert any type of videogame/cartoon show to be symbolic of something.
>
> NEWS FLASH!
> - Not everything made is a form of conspiracy.

The funniest part of the whole debate is that if the people coming up with these theories watched the show, or played the game they'd find their own ideas false founded. The funniest thing to me is that the show often times teaches more unbiased morality than the church does(At least in it's American iterations)

I am a worshiper of The Dark Lord and i can tell you right now he had nothing to do with the production of Pokemon.
That's them yellow-skinned freaks over in Japan, did you know they like tentacles on their women?  And they think Satan is evil. :rolleyes:

people need to get through their heads that the Japanese aren't interested in corrupting our youth,thus there is no reason for a lot of the controversy.  They tried to effect us many years ago,it was called Godzilla,we turned him into a freaking hero.  For those who don't know,Godzilla was originally meant to make us feel America feel ashamed for nuking them.  All they want now is to make money off of us.

@renzo:

> That's them yellow-skinned freaks over in Japan, did you know they like women on their tentacles?  And they think Satan is evil. :rolleyes:

fix'd

but in all seriousness, some people don't get out enough. These guys… if they tried, they'd burn everything with... any amount of anything, declaring witchcraft and deamon-worship.

Uh no that's what I meant in the least.  :sad: I mean a real history, not a generalization.

On topic though, Pokemon isn't exactly the kind of evil inspiring thing some make it out to be. As with most things it only takes a little bit of guidance to make it a helpful tool.

Two of my classmates were playing Magic The Gathering during religion classes, the priest was quite ok with it but after some time he told them to stop because they were disturbing the lesson so one of them asked why should they, they are not in the religion class normaly (we had ethics but the teacher was sick so we had to take religion. Priest said that those cards are satanic… he was kind of joking actualy.

And the suddenly the dude rised from his seat, picked up one of the cards and started yelling "I SMUMMON YOU LEVIATHAN! DEMON LORD FROM THE FIFTH RING OF HELL! COME SERVE ME!". Lolz were epic, even the priest couldn't help but to laugh.

I don't know why they focus so much on Pokemon. When I was growing up, the first fun PC game I played, was Diablo it came out in 1997\. Which means I was a child, roughly 9 years old. Some of the younger groups probably played it when they were 6-8\. I haven't found much on that game related to religion.

Someone posted this on the comments in the video.

> Baal?…Nah!
> Belzebu?...Nah!
> Jigglypuff?...?...? OH YEAH!!! There's a demon name!!