• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Helladen:

> @Robin:
>
> > @Harris:
> >
> > > Robin, I will pay £20 for a copy of the final version of EO with the auto tile feature. Does that motivate you?
> >
> > Fuck off, Harris.
>
> WN has all that in it. Buy it for 60 euros.

€60, it became a lot cheaper! Normally it would cost €68.

Regards,
  Stephan.

I recommend going for the WN source because you will get a lot of value for the low amount of money. Looking at all the improvements and new features WN comes with, you would have to be stupid not to go for this offer. If you had to code everything yourself or had a professional programmer code it for you, you would at least pay a XXXX amount for it (calculated by hours of work that went into this).

@Harris:

> Me and my "development team" have been talking and we have decided that once the latest version of EO is released, I will buy the autotile and alpha blending features. £17, right?

That's assuming that there's going to be another release. I've said it many times. If I do another release, it'll just be fixing bugs and straightening out any problems. That's _if_ I do another release. I have absolutely no motivation to work on Origins right now.

If you're relying on the next release, I suggest you buy WN. It's what I had intended to release as the next version.

@Robin:

> @Harris:
>
> > Me and my "development team" have been talking and we have decided that once the latest version of EO is released, I will buy the autotile and alpha blending features. £17, right?
>
> That's assuming that there's going to be another release. I've said it many times. If I do another release, it'll just be fixing bugs and straightening out any problems. That's _if_ I do another release. I have absolutely no motivation to work on Origins right now.
>
> If you're relying on the next release, I suggest you buy WN. It's what I had intended to release as the next version.

I thought you were reprogramming the combat system to EO :(

Anyways a EO Version with only bug fixes stills great.

@[Cake:

> Vitin â„¢ link=topic=65398.msg702485#msg702485 date=1287318001]
> I thought you were reprogramming the combat system to EO :(
>
> Anyways a EO Version with only bug fixes stills great.

The combat system is a fix. The original combat system didn't work. It'll be in the next version, if I release it.

@Robin:

> @[Cake:
>
> > Vitin â„¢ link=topic=65398.msg702485#msg702485 date=1287318001]
> > I thought you were reprogramming the combat system to EO :(
> >
> > Anyways a EO Version with only bug fixes stills great.
>
> The combat system is a fix. The original combat system didn't work. It'll be in the next version, if I release it.

Ohh.Well thanks for the info!

Before I spend all of my money in one place, I have a few questions.

1\. Would you just edit WN with all of these features? If so, how much would that cost? If you could do that, it could very well be the best 2D MMORPG engine ever.

2\. Are most of the stability issues fixed in WN?

3\. If there are any bugs in these edits, will you help and support me if I find one?

Thanks, Robin!

-JS1

**1.** WN is an edited version of EO, so I'm willing to do any amount of work to it as you're willing to pay for. Having all the shop items ('scept auto-tiles and conversations, which already exist in WN) as well as the copy of WN, it'd come to £82\. I'd probably give you a 10% discount or something for ordering the entire thing though. xD

**2.**WN is the most secure and bug-free version I've ever made. This has the re-written packet engine which fixes most if not all of the packet errors people got in the EO releases. It also has a huge amount of work done to adding new features and streamlining existing ones.

**3.** I offer full support for anything you ever need, be it advice, bug fixes or stability fixes. Hell, I already do that whether you're buying stuff off me or not. Just look in the source questions board. You can obviously post these problems in the Source Questions board as well, as it's an Origins edit.