Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is your favourite animé?

SilentGamer

Hm, I find lots of good anime's. But there is mostly something that stops me from finishing it, like Code Geass, there was a moment I just had to freakin read what happened.. So spoil it.. And I ended up finding a screenshot of the main character getting killed, that just did it for me, didn't feel like watching the Main Character die.

I was also Kyo Kara Maoh, it was quite awesome till I read on the Wiki (Which I could only find here) that the nicest guy to the main characters ends up betraying them in the end and they end up in the Battlefield on opposite sides. Tried looking for confirmations everywhere but found nothing.

Maybe I'm just too darn soft for Anime's?  :icon_crap:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to show that I'm not a TOTAL asshole about anime, I will mention that I have a soft spot for Escaflowne (I like machinery anyway, so clockpunk mech suits? YYEEAAAAHHHHH) and Ranma (because it's silly for silliness's sake, and it never takes itself seriously)

Anime fighting games are the shiz though. Samurai Shodown is seriously the best 2d combat series EVAR.

NOT going into a Naruto rage, since I've already made my point on that one…
I'd forgotten about Vampire Hunter D! I used to have an art book for that one around somewhere, that Amano guy I linked the picture of actually did some good pieces for that one. That was good, from what I saw of it.
Been dipping my toes in Fullmetal Panic, haven't made up my mind on it yet.

@renzo:

> @Azure:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > The amount of shōnen in here makes me cry.
> >
> > Shh don't tell Renzo… <_<
>
> Wait, what do I have to do with shōnen animé?
> I suppose your talking about how childish it is. :P

The age bracket of course.  :renzo:

I generally don't like anime, mainly because I couldn't be bothered to get into the "scene" of it, and any anime that became mainstream out here was generally crap. More recently I've caught a few shows, and I like the light-hearthed comedic "slice of life" style shows; Azumanga Diaoh was very entertaining. Dramatic shows I haven't gotten into much but what I've seen of Cowboy Bebop I've liked, and I recently watched the first series of Spice & Wolf, and I really liked that one.

It helps that for the most part they are small self-contained stories and not written to be cash crops that go on forever like most western shows. (That's probably why I dislike DBZ, Naruto and the like.)

@Tompwnageâ„¢:

> . Hack
>
> >! ![](http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b229/Akina_the_kitsune/dot%20hack/dhs.jpg)

Yeah that's just awesome. ^_^

@Anna:

> I generally don't like anime, mainly because I couldn't be bothered to get into the "scene" of it, and any anime that became mainstream out here was generally crap. More recently I've caught a few shows, and I like the light-hearthed comedic "slice of life" style shows; Azumanga Diaoh was very entertaining. Dramatic shows I haven't gotten into much but what I've seen of Cowboy Bebop I've liked, and I recently watched the first series of Spice & Wolf, and I really liked that one.
>
> It helps that for the most part they are small self-contained stories and not written to be cash crops that go on forever like most western shows. (That's probably why I dislike DBZ, Naruto and the like.)

Some of the episodes in Cowboy Bebop are filler, and only give info and back stories on the characters. To me you never really fully understand the plot until you've seen all the episodes, because you really understand the changes that Spike goes through over the course of the series.

Most anime I really can't stand to watch, just because it aggravates the living fuck out of me. I do enjoy titles that aren't completely butt fucked until every person I see loves the show, and talks about how amazing it is.

Shows I enjoy are

Robotech
Vampire Hunter D
Ghost in the Shell
Full Metal Alchemist
Gurren Lagaan
Gunslinger Girl
Blood+
Akira

And several more I have forgotten about over the years.

Now, don't get me wrong, I did liked DBZ when I was younger, but it's no big deal. I'd rather not watch it anymore. Besides, everyone at my school never had the privilege or the thought of watching it when they were younger, and now over use phrases that make me rage. I'd rather just stay out of that group and let things like that die.

Pokemon was amazing when it first started. Now it's just repetitive and not worth my time.

Naruto… Haha!

Bleach I like, but I stopped watching it and never got around to watching it again, and I really don't want to watch another 90 some episodes.