Find results in...

What is your favourite animé?

SilentGamer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Yorty:

> I can't stand most anime, especially in English. When I _do_ watch it, I always do so with the original audio and English subtitles.

I'm not that elitist. I hate reading subtitles, not because I'm lazy, but more because I hate having to back up and read something if I didn't catch it the first time. :(

@LegendWeaver:

> English Dubs are horrible. Reading subs isn't even hard.

It is when you have poor vision, so don't hand me that tired old tale. Yeah I know dubs are horrible, but I'm not sitting an inch from my screen constantly backing up to reread subtitles for a week or more just because the dubbing was bad.

For those who haven't watched it yet. Go watch Panti ando Sutokkingu wizu Gātāberuto. I know it seems bad from the clip below, but it was made by Gainax … wait that doesn't help it's case. Just do it and get a good laugh in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNy6-n5td7M

- Adulese

PS: Never watch an English Dub (Except for Hellsing Ultimate). It ruins EVERYTHING. 'Nough said.

I hate dubs of any kind personally, but for someone like Azure I can definitely understand.
It's brutal when the character's mouth keeps moving after the translated line would be finished and they have to have him say some dumb crap though. Almost wish they would just let him flap his mouth silently for a moment instead of some of the bad filler lines/jokes that I've heard.

I think as a whole dubbing has gotten better over the years, though due to politics, idiocy, and translation it will never be as good as the original story. Also we do have that whole bs with cartoons being geared towards kids here the the US.

Only comment on the dub vs sub thing I have is this, What sounds more fun if you have poor vision, watching 26-300+ episodes of subbed anime, or just dealing with the dubbing and hearing the slightly distilled English version.

Nah, I'm not one of those people. Check the first paragraph above.

> I think as a whole dubbing has gotten better over the years, though due to politics, idiocy, and translation it will never be as good as the original story. Also we do have that whole bs with cartoons being geared towards kids here the the US.

We need more British dubbing. I'm not saying American dubbing is always bad, but our low-cost voice actors sound better than the American low-cost voice actors.

Hell, look at Hellsing. That dubbing was above standard, even though they needed to 'Americanise' their accents so people over in the States could actually understand them.

@Robin:

> We need more British dubbing. I'm not saying American dubbing is always bad, but our low-cost voice actors sound better than the American low-cost voice actors.
>
> Hell, look at Hellsing. That dubbing was above standard, even though they needed to 'Americanise' their accents so people over in the States could actually understand them.

I support this idea.

Not all dubs are bad, I've seen a couple that are good. (Good dubs are incredibly rare. :P )

And Adulese, you ducking weeaboo! XD
Its called Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt!
Even the title spells it that way. :P

PS: i still love you, Adulese. :)