Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How about my game?

huynhminhyntd

The reason we say to not use it is not because it's not good, but because you are very limited in what you can do with it. for example, what if you wanted a turnbased game? oh no source? welp you'll have to wait about a week before the developer gets back to you and even then, you'll have to wait another month before it's implemented. what if you wanted to make a party system so you had multiple characters to choose from on the same account(no, not the multiple characters for account, more like a pokemon mystery dungeon system. No source? no way.

"But you have the event system which can do practically everything you want! why would you want the other things?" you are correct, it can do this, at the extent you KNOW how to use the event system in that way. The event system is not the solution for everything, trust me.

This is kind of ironic because I actually came across your game's trailer last night. xD Anyway it's not that you shouldn't make games in 4 it's just there are certainly much better options to use than 4\. Honestly your game would be so much better if you used a modified version of 3\. As a huge fan of the SAO series I know quite a bit about it and I know EO 4 isn't built to make games of that kind or size. It doesn't have custom boss editors, or things that can give more detail on items, or the ability to have skills that exist in SAO such as duel wielding, cooking, etc. Honestly by using 4 all you're doing is hurting your game. This game has so much potential but by using 4 you're killing the creativity aspect of making MMOs. Plus you're using a basically dead engine that less than 10% of the active users use so finding support for problems you're having will be difficult.

Custom coding features go a long way to making a game unique and good. **_But any of these eclipse games will fail no matter how many custom features they are packed with, if they don't apply proper game design, the non-coding kind of game design_**_._ (A good book on game design on designing virtual worlds is[http://books.google.com/books/about/Designing_Virtual_Worlds.html?id=_UFdly7N3PgC](http://books.google.com/books/about/Designing_Virtual_Worlds.html?id=_UFdly7N3PgC). This book contains no coding advice and strictly talks about building a virtual world from a game design aspect.

Eclipse Origins 4.0 has the ability to apply these (non coding) game design principles in a manner that makes a good game. It is rarely done and hard to accomplish because you have to understand WHY people playing these small time tiny eclispe games. Once you understand that you can build your world into some place that people want to hang out in. The misconception is that it is impossible without custom coding to the eclipse engine. It is indeed possible just a very advanced task to accomplish.

Not actually disagreeing with anyone just pointing out how important non coding game design is when making virtual worlds! :)

I like the anime SAO! Good Luck!

I've never considered Mirage-based communities/engines to be anything other than a hobbyist retreat. This is where noobs come to learn and pros come to linger. While I would never use these engines for a serious project, I definitely can not deny the importance these engines have in my career as a game designer.

So…. practice, learn and then use Unity :D (or make something from scratch)

> But now i really nead a system allow boss can attack from far and others to make game better, eo3 custom version have too many bugs, i don't know any code how can i build a engineer which i want ?
>
> if if someone help me that, i'll pay …..

I'd suggest using the Eclipse Worlds custom version because as far as I know it's pretty stable and doesn't have too many bugs. If there's any more features that you need that doesn't come with Worlds create a post in the talent center that you're looking for a programmer, your budget, the features you need, and a way the programmer can contact you.

> I'd suggest using the Eclipse Worlds custom version because as far as I know it's pretty stable and doesn't have too many bugs. If there's any more features that you need that doesn't come with Worlds create a post in the talent center that you're looking for a programmer, your budget, the features you need, and a way the programmer can contact you.

eclipse worlds isnt stable. there's a handful of things that if you do wrong may prevent you from being able to reinstall later on. EW isnt a  very good engine. it allows for variables way above what is actually usable set your dexterity to 40k like the program lets you and you wont be able to log back in. if you make a mistake setting something up you can lose all of your progress. The developer has already stated that after some bug fixes there will be no futher updates. Youre better off with one of the other engines being constantly updated. save some time and frustration and just start with a better engine.