Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Magma.NET

multigame

![](http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8130/eclipse2.png)

Tired of the old Eclipse? Well, I'm currently working on another special version! I'm looking for ideas since I only have two features _(not released in other eclipse engines)_.
![](http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/826/featuresv.png)
(Green = Done - Yellow = Currently working on it - Red = Not started yet)
Combat System - Player vs. Player & Player vs. Computer
Achievement System

**None Confirmed Features:**

Quest System
Crafting System

I'm pretty sure I'm going to use Eclipse Origins.NET, since It'll take a lot of time to make the server. I'll _recode_ the client, since there's alot of features we aren't going to use. It'll probably take some time to finish it, because I'm also working on my own game.
![](http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8152/downloadhn.png)
There's currently no download!

**I need idea's!**
Think, think, think! I need more idea's to make it as unique as possible. You're welcome to post ideas & suggestions here.

More information will be posted over time.

Project are currently closed, since my time is very limited at the moment.

@☺☻☺:

> Are you going to abandon this project just like the other one?

Who knows?
I'll do my best to keep it alive. If I quit then I'd probably post the source code download for programmers.
I've nearly always finished all my projects, so I don't think this one will be abandon.

@kibbelz:

> why are there all of thees vb.nets now AFTER jc starts his… There is no point in makeing this because jc has done/doing it already. He is alot further then half way.

I'm using his edit to change the gameplay drastical… I'm not making my own Eclipse.NET

@☺☻☺:

> If you're making a text based game, it's pointless making it in the VB6, VB.Net or any other languages. Those kind of games do not get played anymore or very rarely.
>
> If you want to make a text based game, make it in PHP or java, those game are best to be played on a website.

Correction: write a telnet server in C.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@Pinkeye:

> @ ☺☻☺
> It wan't be text-based like that, but more like the combat system in pokemon.
>
> @ Stephan
>
> Not interested in languages I can't program :)

That's the same as saying: not interested into anything I don't know, therefore we can just gun down all the scientists and everything.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@kibbelz:

> why are there all of thees vb.nets now AFTER jc starts his… There is no point in makeing this because jc has done/doing it already. He is alot further then half way.

What? With that logic, it was pointless of me programming Origins because there were other versions finished before mine.

@Stephan:

> @Pinkeye:
>
> > @ ☺☻☺
> > It wan't be text-based like that, but more like the combat system in pokemon.
> >
> > @ Stephan
> >
> > Not interested in languages I can't program :)
>
> That's the same as saying: not interested into anything I don't know, therefore we can just gun down all the scientists and everything.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

The truth is, I don't have time for learning C.

@ßย๔๔ђค:

> Class advancement would be a cool feature. And, have you thought at all about having text descriptive zones and maps, similiar to multi user dungeon games? If you had that I'd definately play, and even help create ;)

Class advancement… please tell more :)

Text descriptive zones and maps:
Do you mean, instead of only the map name there's also a description under the map name?

• 2 weeks later...
Nah, let him ask for ideas.  I think you should make it playable both ways, like you can pick a map, walk around on it/etc but the battle is how you want it to be, would be sick, once yours is complete, I'll just make it myself, and hand it over to you for another edition of your engine.

@Pinkeye:

> I haven't even started yet! When I first posted this thread, I thought Eclipse Origins.NET was releasing soon. I haven't planed to code it from scratch, since it'll be a waste of time.

So you're adding two simple systems and trying to pass them off as a separate Eclipse release?