Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I make money with my game?

hardrock703

I'm making a game with my friends and after all the effort we put into it, we want to know if there's a way to make money, like paying to go into a new world. We don't mean high-priced, just maybe like 25 cents to go to a new world or something. Is there anyway to do that?

Everyone asks this question. The answer? No one would pay even just a quarter of a dollar for a simple 2D game they could easily make themselves, and you'd have to code it in yourself. It would also be against the law to charge people unless everything was made by you or your group, you cannot use RMXP sprites if you plan on charging money, no matter how little.

@Lollicat:

> Everyone asks this question. The answer? No one would pay even just a quarter of a dollar for a simple 2D game they could easily make themselves, and you'd have to code it in yourself. It would also be against the law to charge people unless everything was made by you or your group, you cannot use RMXP sprites if you plan on charging money, no matter how little.

Untrue. I made over 1,000 dollars off an XtremeWorlds game. Although, I'm not an average developer either…

**Step 1:** Get a community of idiotic 13 year old kids with limited control over their parent's income.
**Step 2:** Make them feel like they're an integral part of the game (ie. lie) then start begging them for money.
**Step 3:** ????
**Step 4:** PROFIT!

• 10 months later...
i am going to start with this little 2d game in beta, let it get popular, then gonna go 3d and then charge like 10  a month for it, plus what i am basing my game off of, (to be disclosed in future) has like 8 million fans on facebook. plus asking for donations, to help further the game, or to go 3d with it, will bring in cash money like there is no tomorrow. and as the game gets bigger, add a few dollars a month to the cost, ppl will understand as long as the game is worth playing.

@Hrackcoe:

> i am going to start with this little 2d game in beta, let it get popular, then gonna go 3d and then charge like 10  a month for it, plus what i am basing my game off of, (to be disclosed in future) has like 8 million fans on facebook. plus asking for donations, to help further the game, or to go 3d with it, will bring in cash money like there is no tomorrow. and as the game gets bigger, add a few dollars a month to the cost, ppl will understand as long as the game is worth playing.

Lol what? People can hardly put the money out to play games like EVE or WoW. WHy on earth would they pay for some shit that you and your team made?