Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tales of Pentias

Jeff

@Raiko:

> The map stily dont fit the game.

what?  what map?  the world map?  I already said that someone(specifically chief) is working on a better one for me^

if you mean the maps in the mockup section, they won't ACTUALLY be used.  Only the tiles will be.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

working on skills at the moment, and I have finished almost all of the alpha tiles.  Still finishing up some more houses, and I need to add:
-Another type of tree
-Finished cliffs
-River tiles
-Indoor Tiles
-Tents
-Boulders

I finished the shrubbery, check the main post for more info.

I am really digging the feel of the new tile set. The only thing I would suggest is maybe brightening up the house to make it go along more with your vibrant colors. All looks good though! Can't wait to see your additions!

I think the houses and cliffs need some more contrast to stand out a bit more. I generally like the style you`re going for. The cliffs do need some more depth, one way to do that would be to make it darker near the bottom fading into lighter color as it goes up. Try adding a bit of sand near the edge of the cliff to make it seem less like its blending with the grass below the cliff. I like what youve done so far. Kudos. X-D

@AmSamurai:

> I am really digging the feel of the new tile set. The only thing I would suggest is maybe brightening up the house to make it go along more with your vibrant colors. All looks good though! Can't wait to see your additions!

thanks about the tileset, and yeah, I hate the houses dark.  I'm going to change them to how they used to be, I think.

@Murdoc: cliffs are being completely redone soon, I've decided.  Not even the same rocky style.

Transitions: I see what you mean, I'll try to fix that.
Water: I really like the water, but I know what you mean… Also I think I messed up and used the wrong transition tiles from land to water in the mock up.
Flowers: I love the flowers.  I think that they go with the stile well, and I'm not looking for perfection at this point.  Might go back and edit them, but I like them well.  Maybe I'll make another kind of flower though, a smaller kind.
Tree Trunks: yeah, they're really ugly.  I'll see what I can do.

bump.
Did all the ALpha NPCS with descriptions.  Now ima work on some of the last pixel things before alpha.  THen I'll finish up GUI, and we'll get down to making alpha :D

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjNI-pJ73beQdFo1T2J4ZXNHcXFVdnoxUDFxam9kZVE&hl=en&authkey=CO3f8rsE#gid=0

@Kreator:

> The transitions look unnatural. First try and make the corner tiles less edgy, and then make the transition between the different terrain more gradual. Rather then a straight line, make the dirt scatter onto the grass somewhat, or the grass disperse onto the dirt.

Right.  I'll make the corner's diagonal and then change the grass a bit.

–edit--
![](http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1530/map3p.png)
How's that?  looks a bit weird to me, but I can't quite say why..

@Amannyy101:

> some classes are the same like ninja and assassin.

wat.
First, ninjas use swords and Assassins use Bows.  Even if they were the same in all other respects(which they aren't), they would still be differentiated.  Second, Ninjas use Kentai magic which will have unique spells.  Third, Assasins use mostly close range magic and magic to help their arrows.

I think that's all the differentiations in my WIP, but of course they will have different skill trees and play styles.

Any other classes that are possibley the same?  honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some classes are too similar for people's liking.

Oh and thanks pain

@Jeff:

> wat.
> First, ninjas use swords and Assassins use Bows.  Even if they were the same in all other respects(which they aren't), they would still be differentiated.  Second, Ninjas use Kentai magic which will have unique spells.  Third, Assasins use mostly close range magic and magic to help their arrows.
>
> I think that's all the differentiations in my WIP, but of course they will have different skill trees and play styles.
>
> Any other classes that are possibley the same?  honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some classes are too similar for people's liking.
>
> Oh and thanks pain

sorry now that im thinking about it your right.