Find results in...

Tales of Pentias

Jeff

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Azyru:

> The cliffs(front face) look good. The rest looks like grass with the rounded edge around it.
>
> I think the house looks like the light soucre is in the ground? Anyone else think/see that?

yeah their still WIP, haven't done much work above the cliff face yet.

BUMP

alright, I'm going to start pixelling again over the next few days.  Plan to have finished all the alpha tiles by the end of the month. 

and now, there's been a big change… Tales of Pentias got an anonymous coder!  he has asked to be not named, and I will respect his wish.  Also, the GUI is likely to be done soon, as I have gotten a hold of Legend Weaver again.

@[Cake:

> Woods â„¢ link=topic=66694.msg729235#msg729235 date=1294060483]
> Cliffs looka flat.I dont know I think its because of the grass.If you need a example pm me.

PMing u now, I kind of see what you mean that it almost looks like i but a gray rectangle around the grass and added a cliff face, but i'm not 100% sure.

BUMP

I updated the cliff tiles a little bit as well as attempted a ramp(but did a bad job of it). Please C+C.  check the OP under the mock up spoiler.

2 other things:
Our anonymous coder is doing great and we should have a finished multi-frame animation system soon.
Also, I'm working out some lore, ideas on how magic works, and some design things.  I found a nice little image that inspired me to make… something(will talk about it later once i've thought about it more)  and since that will be using public graphics, I'll post them here  as a teaser:

![](http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SniTwfm5BwE/TQoUs6wawQI/AAAAAAAADK8/82lW2Zymou8/s400/House%2BSymbols.JPG)

THE ABOVE GRAPHICS ARE NOT MINE AND ARE USABLE BY ANYONE(though i'd prefer if you didn't, i have no authority over it.)

The shadow on the house just below the roof adds a bit of depth, but it needs more; still looks a bit flat. Also, the cliff tiles, you need to either put a shadow underneath them, or change the brightness of the cliffs to a darker color towards the bottom. Just helping you out.

Otherwise, very good. Good luck.

@Azyru:

> Cliffs do still look the same, and good luck with your 'something'

hmm…. I'm really at a loss here.  I'll google some stuff right now.

@Scribbyz:

> The shadow on the house just below the roof adds a bit of depth, but it needs more; still looks a bit flat. Also, the cliff tiles, you need to either put a shadow underneath them, or change the brightness of the cliffs to a darker color towards the bottom. Just helping you out.
>
> Otherwise, very good. Good luck.

I'll update the house after I google the depth.  And for the cliff: the ramp is still very much W.I.P. I'm gonna make it a lot better right after I add more depths to the cliff and the house.

@Yukiyo:

> This game, although custom, seems so generic like all the rest just with a small pinch of a twist. Originality has always made the boom in any industry. Maybe that should be your prime focus, before anything else.

yeah, I've been thinking of scrapping this idea for awhile, to make a realistic harry potter hogwarts game, placed in the era during voldemort's rise.  I guess its not really ORIGINAL per se, but it would be new.  Only problem is it needs a lot of coding, something i do not have.

Also, by originality, do you mean story line, classes, features, or all of them?  Based on my hogwarts idea, I've also been thinking about turning this game into an all wizarding game, but i don't know how much people would like that.  Like a game where everybody chooses their background, their bloodline, and their ambitions and then they get stats based off of that.  Then they go around doing the generic stuff with puzzlesolving using spells and riddles.  Problem with that is, it would need a good bit of coding too.

if you TL;DR'd then basically I have some cool original ideas but a lack of coding.

yeah, its a temp world map because It is too small of an area to do the normal style world maps I do(with effects, cloud filters, and just dots for cities) so I made a nice map with Inquisitor's tiles.  Chief agreed to make an epic map though, should be done in a bit.