Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GFXS

poiuyt0418

the engine already comes with a set of graphics "stolen" from some other game (in the License Agreement it states you can't use them for any commercial). since your game will be private, you might use them. and, you could make your own with a simple image software like Paint, I remember a an eclipse game with stick figures as sprites and doodles as backgrounds, but if you want some prettier, just use the bundles graphics, or google the word "sprites". there are plenty on the net.

@Pedro071:

> the engine already comes with a set of graphics "stolen" from some other game (in the License Agreement it states you can't use them for any commercial). since your game will be private, you might use them. and, you could make your own with a simple image software like Paint, I remember a an eclipse game with stick figures as sprites and doodles as backgrounds, but if you want some prettier, just use the bundles graphics, or google the word "sprites". there are plenty on the net.

I suggest you learn basic intellectual property laws before talking out of your arse. It's illegal to use any of Enterbrain's stuff outside of the RPG Maker series whether it's commercial or not.

@Robin:

> @Pedro071:
>
> > the engine already comes with a set of graphics "stolen" from some other game (in the License Agreement it states you can't use them for any commercial). since your game will be private, you might use them. and, you could make your own with a simple image software like Paint, I remember a an eclipse game with stick figures as sprites and doodles as backgrounds, but if you want some prettier, just use the bundles graphics, or google the word "sprites". there are plenty on the net.
>
> I suggest you learn basic intellectual property laws before talking out of your arse. It's illegal to use any of Enterbrain's stuff outside of the RPG Maker series whether it's commercial or not.

lol  noone cared if noone knows lol.
No offense robin, but sometimes you piss me off that I want to talk out of my arse

> lol  noone cared if noone knows lol.
> No offense robin, but sometimes you piss me off that I want to talk out of my arse

The grammar was so horrible, I could barely understand it. All I got from it is that because Robin corrected somebody you want to talk out of your arse.
In any case, he wasn't even talking to you. So I don't see why you are taking it offensively.

@Robin:

> I suggest you learn basic intellectual property laws before talking out of your arse. It's illegal to use any of Enterbrain's stuff outside of the RPG Maker series whether it's commercial or not.

Looks I left my arse talk ahead of me :P Sorry about that. This is the relevant section of the license

Provided artwork and audio

Graphics
The provided graphics that come with the tile engine belong to Enterbrain and the RpgMakerXP. The graphics are meant to be used only with the rpg maker engine and are not to be used else were. We do not give you permission to use such materials because we do not have it. **The graphics provided in the tilesets are meant only to be templates and give you an idea of what good 2d tilesets should look like. The graphics should only be used for a trial version of the rpgmaker or a paid for version.** We hold no responsibility for anything that happens to a member of the community for using these graphics.

I in turn suggest you practice some anger control techniques and/or develop some social skills, in your preferred order.

Why would you make up a license? Or if you didn't, you edited it.

Let me point out the errors.

Provided **artwork and audio** Wheres the capitals in Artwork and Audio?

Graphics
The provided graphics that come with the tile engine belong to Enterbrain and the **RpgMakerXP**1\. The graphics are meant to be used only with the rpg maker engine and are not to be used else were. We do not give you permission to use such materials because we do not have it. The graphics provided in the **tilesets**2 are meant only to be templates and give you an idea of what good 2d tilesets should look like. The graphics should only be used for a trial version of the **rpgmaker**3 or a paid for version. We hold no responsibility for anything that happens to a member of the community for using these graphics.

1\. In their licenses, they always refer to their product name as so: RPG MAKER XP.
2\. They don't even mention that word in their license.
3\. Refer to 1
4\. In their license, everything is capitalized.

@Absolute:

> > lol  noone cared if noone knows lol.
> > No offense robin, but sometimes you piss me off that I want to talk out of my arse
>
> The grammar was so horrible, I could barely understand it. All I got from it is that because Robin corrected somebody you want to talk out of your arse.
> In any case, he wasn't even talking to you. So I don't see why you are taking it offensively.

Ok sorry I was half asleep when I wrote this and
@Robin-  sorry Robin I apolozige I was half asleep and really pissed at someone else, No hard feelings?

Stop using the Eclipse licensing as an example. It's in the RPGMakerXP RTP download license which has the relevant legal bits.

@Kipper:

> @Robin-  sorry Robin I apolozige I was half asleep and really pissed at someone else, No hard feelings?

I have no idea who you are. I'm not going to feel resentment towards someone I've never seen before. Next time you should probably see who I'm actually quoting, though.

@Absolute:

> Why would you make up a license? Or if you didn't, you edited it.

Actually, this is not the RPG MAKER XP license. I just pasted a section of the Eclipse Public License -v 1.1 and put the part about the graphics usage in bold.
[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,29732.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,29732.0.html)
I guess I should put the link in my other post, sorry about that.

Edit: RPGMakerXP RTP has precedence, of course, but i was only pointing out where I got my first (and erroneous) idea.