Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 1.2]Differently Sized PicScreen

Terraun

Hey everyone. This is a really simple edit, I know, but I thought it might be helpful to some newer users. First for anyone that doesn't know, the PicScreen is the screen the game is played on. This tutorial is how to change the size of it.

–Client Side--

1) Open your source and open frmMain.

2) Under your bank and trade boxes, there's your PicScreen. Click your PicScreen and go to it's attributes. Find the height and width of the PicScreen. Change these to your likings. ***I have custom values, so my width and height are going to be different than yours***

![](http://i51.tinypic.com/xe0fw1.png)
![](http://i52.tinypic.com/161mk9e.png)

3) After you change these, divide your new values by 32, then subtract the outcome by 1\.

4) Now after you have these new values, here's where the code comes in.

5)

Find:
```
Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 14
```
Replace the 11 with your value for width.

Find:
```
Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 11
```
Replace the 14 with your height value.

6) Compile and you're done! You have to delete your maps after you compile. If not you'll get a weird buggy movement until you do.

Thanks to Robin for teaching how to do this.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
ok, so i increased my picscreen size to 640X800\. Works great except the blitted text, like the map name or player name is greatly decreases almost to unreadable size, and the target works on and off… Sometimes working and sometimes not... Is anyone else having this problem??

@Warconn:

> ok, so I increased my picscreen size to 640X800\. Works great except the blitted text, like the map name or player name is greatly decreases almost to unreadable size, and the target works on and off… Sometimes working and sometimes not... Is anyone else having this problem??

You didn't follow the tutorial properly.

hmm well i relooked everything over, and re went through the tutorial, and i am doing everything as it says. I changed the constants server-side aswell…  I looked at the map editor, and it is registering my mouse 2 tiles below where it really is(if that makes sense).  All of the text is still very small.

Not to sure where to go from here...

@Warconn:

> hmm well I relooked everything over, and re went through the tutorial, and I am doing everything as it says. I changed the constants server-side aswell…  I looked at the map editor, and it is registering my mouse 2 tiles below where it really is(if that makes sense).  All of the text is still very small.
>
> Not to sure where to go from here...

Delete it and start again.

Worked great. Now how do I move the Admin panel over? It's sticking in my map and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to appear more to the right.
Thanks

[EDIT] Figured it out.

Find picAdmin.left = xxx and delete this line of code. Then place your admin panel wherever you want it to pop up. (Thanks jcsnider)

@Robin:

> Delete it and start again.

Thanks for the help, i found the solutions. If you look at the picScreen ScaleHeight/ScaleWidth, i set them to the same as my actual height and width. Not sure what they are used for, but it works great now… Dunno how they got changed in the first place though??

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...