Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why is this news?

Kinjiru

@Proximity:

> So Christians believe that the world is going to end in May? Is there something in the bible that hints to this?

Not christians, tons of people believe in it. Personally I dont think anything will happen. Its the start of a new era. It doesnt mean we all have to die.

@Marsh:

> Not christians, tons of people believe in it. Personally I dont think anything will happen. Its the start of a new era. It doesnt mean we all have to die.

This isnt the 2012 thing, this is supposedly a prediction of rapture.

Today I decided I'm not Christian. I believe that there is 1 god or "force", but not what the Christians perceive as god. My religion class at school ruined it for me by being anti-any-other-religion. I'm still working stuff out. I'm not an Atheist though, so don't start welcoming me to the club.

As for this topic, I think that it's not what the mainstream Catholic church says. I mean a few days ago at Church the priest said that only God knew when the end was, and that all the predictions about 2012 and so forth were non-religious.

@Jungletoe:

> Today I decided I'm not Christian. I believe that there is 1 god or "force", but not what the Christians perceive as god. My religion class at school ruined it for me by being anti-any-other-religion. I'm still working stuff out. I'm not an Atheist though, so don't start welcoming me to the club.
>
> As for this topic, I think that it's not what the mainstream Catholic church says. I mean a few days ago at Church the priest said that only God knew when the end was, and that all the predictions about 2012 and so forth were non-religious.

That's called being Agnostic, broski.

@Kinjiru:

> Anyway why are the fundies so obsessed with the world ending anyway, Dosent seem like a thing I would be very happy about.

Because all the people who bullied them in highschool and all those people who insult them when they go around bible bashing _obviously_ aren't going to heaven.

@Jungletoe:

> I've been contimplating it for a while now. I just haven't had the balls to state it to anyone.

Why would you need balls to tell us anything? We're an internet community. We don't give a shit about what religion you are.

@Robin:

> Why would you need balls to tell us anything? We're an internet community. We don't give a shit about what religion you are.

I've just been staying out of religious topics. I noticed how heated they got before, and I didnt want to get caught up in the mix.

It's not you guys I'm worried about. It's my real life friends and family. I'll keep disclosing it from them.