Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse 1.5 With Quests! (Download)

Rob Janes

Here is an update to Eclipse Online 1.5 with a Built in Quest System.  I took my quest system from my own game, and dummed it down (removed quest types, so there is only kill quests - I don't want to give away all my trade features ;)  I was doing this to help out Lord of Empire but I thought everyone may enjoy it.  (Yes, it uses INI Quest Files, so you can edit them in Notepad without having to turn on the Server)

www.samugames.com/EO_1_5_With_Quests.zip

There is a ReadMe file in the zip, which includes the following.

1\. Please be sure to give credit if you decide to use this quest system.
2\. To interact with a Quest Giver, you need to first Select the NPC, then click them a second time for the Quest Offer to Appear.
3\. To create a Quest, use the Server, on the Quest Tab and 'Add New'. Change the values accordingly and hit Save.
4\. There is an option for Quests().Gold however you will need to get it working yourself, this was ported from my own modification and I use a custom Gold currency that varies from stock 1.5
5\. To Make an NPC a quest Giver, use the NPC Editor, Select their Behavior as Quest Giver, and give their Quest ID, the ID of the Quest you want to give them
6\. The Quest Check in modCombat looks by NPC name, so if you are having problems, ensure your Kill NPC Name matches the NPC's name you're wanting to kill.

I provide no support beyond this document.

Cheers

Also, shouldn't make a quest NPC attackable ;)

> I think your quest system is broken, I didn't even get any exp from turning in the quests. I tried the sample quest and also made others but never got exp from either after completing them, the only exp I get is from killing the quest npcs.

After you complete a quest, kill something. You then get your exp. So I'm guessing it doesn't update your exp on quest completion.

Once you talk to the starting NPC, it'll then disappear from your quest log and you will no longer be able to get it from the quest giver.

I'm out of the office until early next week and won't have a chance to check, but it could be as simple as looking into the Public Sub CheckQuestLog and when it completes the quest, just adding the Quest(QuestIndex).experience to the Player(index).Experience.

Cheers

@SamuGames:

> After a lot of requests, I'll re-edit this release to include
> A) Guilds
> B) Party-Questing
> C) Maybe Full Screen if I can get it to work properly without screwing with the UI.
>
> This won't be ready until sometime next week as I am still out of the office.

Wow! That'd be awesome! Keep on going!!

This is becoming to be a VERY GLITCHY quest system. I talk to an NPC and get their quest, when I finish I get exp from another quest. lmao, I don't know how that is happening, fix up your code a bit. Because when I finish one quest and start another and finish the other I get exp from the first quest. It says that I get exp I dont actually get it too :p

EDIT: I made a new character (not admin) to test this theory, I did one quest and it worked perfectly, I try to do another and it's glitched again. FIX THIS PLZ! :)

~~Thnx for sharing this! :) I will use it in my game and ofc all credit for it will go too you ;)
Ps:There are some minor glitches :s and If you can please make that when you gonna talk u press CTRL not double click  :huh:~~

Edit:Will use Richy's "Modification(s)"