Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Lightning's Pet System [Completely Bug-Free!]

Yxxe

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be made a dedicated member or something for sharing this, thank you lighting the first person not to be so selfish! your the best ~Tousen~

PS:I'm definitely going to use this and make sure I give ya credit on my website!

@Tousen:

> You should be made a dedicated member or something for sharing this, thank you lighting the first person not to be so selfish! your the best ~Tousen~
>
> PS:I'm definitely going to use this and make sure I give ya credit on my website!

Hah, thanks and enjoy!

Darn, I input the code and stuff but I don't really know how to activate it, or what the commands should be for the buttons in all I don't know how to use or start it up. I'm a new when it comes to origins, if someone could help me out that would be great!

@Tousen:

> Darn, I input the code and stuff but I don't really know how to activate it, or what the commands should be for the buttons in all I don't know how to use or start it up. I'm a new when it comes to origins, if someone could help me out that would be great!

Just make labels on the main form and make each one call their respective procedure. For example, one of the labels captions' could be called "Attack Pet". As you may have guessed, in the click event of the label you could call "PetAttack" passing the "MyIndex" variable to it.

@RyokuHasu:

> Again I want to thank you!
> I made it into an entire class of summoners =D thats how awsoem it is!

;D And this is what I'm doing with mine:
[Origin - The Legend Reborn Development](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,69110.0.html)
[Pet Handling Life Skill](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,69956.0.html)

Pets have variable HP, MP, Experience Rates and damage. Full Pet deaths, healing, reviving and temporary damage increases. Pets also display a random nature when they are first summoned.
![](http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/Adrammelech_2009/PetMenu.png)

A recruitment system is where you can have a team of four and it allows you to recruit an enemy after beating them, weather you recruit them is up to the percentage rate at which they can be recruited and after you recruit you can switch to that recruited team member, it would be great if you could at least make an attempt and if you did the pet this should be cake because it's easier.

@Tousen:

> A recruitment system is where you can have a team of four and it allows you to recruit an enemy after beating them, weather you recruit them is up to the percentage rate at which they can be recruited and after you recruit you can switch to that recruited team member, it would be great if you could at least make an attempt and if you did the pet this should be cake because it's easier.

I'm not gonna do this, seeing as you were going to sell off this system. >_> Now try to keep on topic please.

@Xlithan:

> Something needs to be done about when a players client crashes. Because if a player logs off through a crash, that pet because part of the map NPC group, which means it will carry on respawning.
>
> I'll try and come up with a fix now and post some code later.

If you actually debug your server properly then you won't encounter this error, so there is no need for a "fix".

@Xlithan:

> It's when the client crashes, which could be caused by anything.

It's not caused by my code, we have gone through this before. All I can suggest to you is to wipe all Pets on the server starting, and when cache of the map is sent, by going through and checking whether the pets owner is online.