Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Do You Look For In A MMORPG?

janpan40

Wow i dont know if its from the bevis and buthead avatar, or what but im sick of people accusing me of stealing ideas!
as i said in my contest post that is not what im after, if you guys really need to know why ive posted soo many topics is beacuse im trying to become known in the community.

Are You Happy?????
:(

@janpan40:

> Wow i dont know if its from the bevis and buthead avatar, or what but im sick of people accusing me of stealing ideas!
> as i said in my contest post that is not what im after, if you guys really need to know why ive posted soo many topics is beacuse im trying to become known in the community.
>
> Are You Happy?????
> :(

No one really cares about your avatar. Because it has nothing to do with you trying to get ideas for your game.

Anyway, ill pitch in ;)
I would like to see a good roleplay, I hate games where all you do is train train train. Quests and storyline's are a big plus for me.

@Admiral:

> When someone tries to exploit giant holes in retarded online, they usually get trapped in the rick roll section, get frustrated, then quit.
>
> …does that count?

You have giant holes in RO? Lies!

In all seriousness, I look for a game that lets me pwn people off the bat - or give people a fair chance without having to grind for a month just so they can get enough levels and  gear to PVP

Age of Conan was a good one, you could get to level 10 in about 25 mins and go and PVP..  best of all there was no cap at the beginning and no penalties.. if you were a level 80 you could stomp level 10's with your giant mammoth all day, it was loads of fun… till they nerfed it of course.

@Devo:

> In all seriousness, I look for a game that lets me pwn people off the bat - or give people a fair chance without having to grind for a month just so they can get enough levels and  gear to PVP

YES!  I love concepts like this; matter of fact, RPS (the game I'm working on at the moment) puts everyone on equal footing from the beginning like this.

Too many games enforce penalties for PKing now though ><

@Admiral:

> YES!  I love concepts like this; matter of fact, RPS (the game I'm working on at the moment) puts everyone on equal footing from the beginning like this.
>
> Too many games enforce penalties for PKing now though ><

Agreed,  I was enjoying myself thoroughly in Age of Conan, then they put a massive penalty on your head if you kill too many low levels, i.e Town guards attack you on site, and of course they are invincible.. OR you become red to all players in all zones, including non PVP zones so basically any player can kill you anywhere.

I would prefer a jail system, where you get sent to jail and to get out it's like mad max thunderdome… you have to kill the other people in the jail and the last man standing gets to be set free...

in a perfect mmo anyway :)

@Devo:

> I would prefer a jail system, where you get sent to jail and to get out it's like mad max thunderdome… you have to kill the other people in the jail and the last man standing gets to be set free...

That would be pretty cool, but then again any super leveled guy could just kill newbs off for fun and then not worry about the jail because they could kill everyone in it.

Regnum Online had a great PvP system if any of you play (or have played) it. They basically had 3 kingdoms you could join in the beginning, then you would grind your way through noobhood doing quests the whole time, and then finally get released into the "mixing bowl" type of area where the 3 kingdoms would all fight to control castles and forts.

The only problem with Regnum was that the desert kingdom was flooded with people while the winter and grassland kingdoms were all weak as hell, thus making it so that newbs wouldnt want to join them.

/rant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Diverse Character Customization
Enough equips so you dont have 1000 mages wearing the red robe XD
Dungeons
Guilds
PvP
balanced leveling
variety of quests (i cant stand grinding for 8 quests straight >>)
PETS AND COMPANIONS (pets to show off :D and companions to kick ass :)))))
cool looking attacks/graphics
FREE@Akatsuki_1:

> Honestly the best part of a game is how the community is and how the developers are running it. I look for a neat, organized and active community as well as dedicated developers.

i used to play PWO and ill tell you it was the most unorganized community ever. the Mods were corrupt and would ban randomly. the server was down more then up. the rollbacks were constant and lost tons of exp. i was so mad. thats why i wanna create my own PK MMO thats decent