Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BoDu's tiles :P

BoDu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well windows 7 paint make's miracols if you think its 3d software or anything else, bleah.
At last i finnaly start to get more people that apreciate my work o.o 14 till now and 7 think i'm a noob but i'm curios how good they are :)

• 2 weeks later...
hehe there its place for much more. I started to learn from pixel by pixel guides wile coding the source on the needs i want. In the mean wile i realised that everyone wants there own games and they end up by failing it and i was wondering if there will be a day when they get united and make a real game with an real team…

> n the mean wile i realised that everyone wants there own games and they end up by failing it and i was wondering if there will be a day when they get united and make a real game with an real team…

Actually most successful indie developers are single guys or a very small team of maybe 2 or 3.

@Mikekan13:

> None to the amount of success I think you are talking about. I was just giving a general statement about indie developers. They are almost always 1 or 2 man teams.

Well i think if eclipse comunity get united and pass over there eco of makeing an own game they could complete one that could stand a chance in front of the actual market.
I know that everyone want's to get there own games to make money and get rich, but most of them end up failing everything. The best part its the experience and the way you live your dream.
Anyway there could be a chance that one day an good team come up and compleate a game.

@BoDu:

> Well i think if eclipse comunity get united and pass over there eco of makeing an own game they could complete one that could stand a chance in front of the actual market.
> I know that everyone want's to get there own games to make money and get rich, but most of them end up failing everything. The best part its the experience and the way you live your dream.
> Anyway there could be a chance that one day an good team come up and compleate a game.

You're an idiot. Why would you need an entire community? Here's why it won't work; Most people here have no skill or knowledge _at all_. The best games we've seen have been made by 1 or 2 people. 3 at most. Just because there's more people doesn't mean it's going to make the game any better.

"Too many cooks spoil the broth." In this case it's, "Too many idiots spoil the work of the talented few."

@Robin:

> You're an idiot. Why would you need an entire community? Here's why it won't work; Most people here have no skill or knowledge _at all_. The best games we've seen have been made by 1 or 2 people. 3 at most. Just because there's more people doesn't mean it's going to make the game any better.
>
> "Too many cooks spoil the broth." In this case it's, "Too many idiots spoil the work of the talented few."

I don't think i'm an idiot maybe a fool, and you may be right that there are a lot of people that have a few knowledge but take a look on the talented ones. For exemple Project Vertigo animation frames sistem from witch i'm learing or SamsumGame (something like that) that have a few great realease, they have potential and they could do something good if they get united.
Anyway i think even you can admite that a piramide couldn't be build without the poor population. And a country could not work without his workers that don't need knowledge. Thats why there are leaders, and that's why people have to admite there maximum potential and know there positions.

@BoDu:

> -snip-

The obvious difference is that this isn't a chicken factory. Creating a video game requires skill, dedication and knowledge. If you don't have these then you're no use.

@BoDu:

> Anyway i think even you can admite that a piramide couldn't be build without the poor population. And a country could not work without his workers that don't need knowledge.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/1280643348696.gif)

That's why humans have that amazing process called learning and i can admite that its hard when you don't have an idea about what its happening around.
For exemple it took me around of 2 hours to figure out how to make the experience depend on character level and give you this:
    - player level < npc level = 1,5x normal exp
    - player level = npc level = normal exp
    - player level > npc level = (0.5 * normal exp) - player level
But now it works and I felt good doing that small thing and any other exemple.
I believe in teams and the power of people that can create amazing things toghether.

What in God's name does that have to do with creating a community project? Doesn't matter how much you're willing to learn, the simple fact is that if you don't already know it then you're simply going to be a hindrance to any project you work on.

Now imagine a project with 30,000 people just like you working on it.

Lol nevermind i think we have diferent mentals and i think you are an idiot too. Anyway an talented one. I aprecieate what you done with the engine but i don't apreciate that you don't give a chance to others.

Now on topic, here it is what my friend Manu its working on. Its done pixel by pixel and it will be used on a game we are working on.

And for the other subject, Robin i'm trying to get a team with my friends and they are learing and geting better every day. You might be right and on the same time you might be wrong.

@Robin:

> What in God's name does that have to do with creating a community project? Doesn't matter how much you're willing to learn, the simple fact is that if you don't already know it then you're simply going to be a hindrance to any project you work on.
>
> Now imagine a project with 30,000 people just like you working on it.

That could create 30,000 of codes after 2 hours in stand of 1.

@BoDu:

> Lol nevermind i think we have diferent mentals and i think you are an idiot too. Anyway an talented one. I aprecieate what you done with the engine but i don't apreciate that you don't give a chance to others.
>
> Now on topic, here it is what my friend Manu its working on. Its done pixel by pixel and it will be used on a game we are working on.
>
> And for the other subject, Robin i'm trying to get a team with my friends and they are learing and geting better every day. You might be right and on the same time you might be wrong.

None of this has anything to do with the point of conversation. You claimed that if the _entire community_ teamed up they would make a good game. I was pointing out that this has been tried many times over the last 7 years and it has **never worked.**

Every time someone claims they're going to do it I say the exact same thing, they cry about it, then I'm proven right. You're not the first to start this stupid argument and you won't be the last. So far I haven't been proven wrong, though.

Here's the bottom line; If you were going to make a good game then you'd have already done it. The more time you spend sitting here arguing over whether you can do it or not is time you could have spent going off and realising just how stupid the entire thing is. I'm talking from experience you're talking out of your arse.

@Robin:

> None of this has anything to do with the point of conversation. You claimed that if the _entire community_ teamed up they would make a good game. I was pointing out that this has been tried many times over the last 7 years and it has **never worked.**
>
> Every time someone claims they're going to do it I say the exact same thing, they cry about it, then I'm proven right. You're not the first to start this stupid argument and you won't be the last. So far I haven't been proven wrong, though.
>
> Here's the bottom line; If you were going to make a good game then you'd have already done it. The more time you spend sitting here arguing over whether you can do it or not is time you could have spent going off and realising just how stupid the entire thing is. I'm talking from experience you're talking out of your arse.

Well i didn't had knowledge of that but i will try to prove you that an average team of noobs can get better and better every day and done something nice and original.

> Here's the bottom line; If you were going to make a good game then you'd have already done it. The more time you spend sitting here arguing over whether you can do it or not is time you could have spent going off and realising just how stupid the entire thing is. I'm talking from experience you're talking out of your arse.

I don't have any ideea if our game will be good, at all we are using your engine so more then 80% of the work its done by you but the point was that in stand of 2 project for 2 diferent games people could get merge together and do 1 game that could shin better the the other 2.
For exemple I saw your game and its nice to see what potential have the base engine. Dx8 give's a good and shine look to the game.
Anyway i didn't wanted to prove anything by posting that armor set. I just posted it becouse my friend want to see what other will critic about it so he could improve his skills.