Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BoDu's tiles :P

BoDu

Maybe i'm not the best artist you can fiind but you can use this tile set for free and i think it don't look that bad. I hope to add more element to it.
I attached the tile set and an exemple of the map right here.
Thanks for all the comments and have fun.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Update:

Made 1 tree in two color exemples:
    * green one = done
    * blue one = w.i.p

Take a look how they look on map :P

>! Green Tree
![](http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/3117/map1sa.png)
Blue Tree
![](http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4894/blueones.png)

I think i have to work a little more on it :P but not now, later :P

Don't use Darken or lighten on gradient images like you have done, they just end up looking blurry. Try to use an actual palette.. 

the grass, well it looks like it was rendered in a 3d program and a snapshot just taken of it top down, thats why you have a big chunk there of grass rather than 1 32x32 tile that can be seamlessly tiled.

Overall, I think you perhaps need to go back to the basics and check out some pixel art tutorials.

Wow :P kinda hurt me but i'm ok :)
I know that i'm a noob and that's what makes me go foward.

Devo: I didn't use any 3d program and i made it 6 tiles of 32 becouse it dose not look repetitive. Thanks for advice.

Here its another try:

I am not going to say you are bad, but you are definitely new to this. I see some potential in these. Not so much in the quality as it is rather low but in the technique. Some tips: Don't use emboss. It may be tempting to add depth but it never looks good. Hand made shadows look much better. Are you using Photoshop? The burn and dodge tool are great  for highlights and shadows if used correctly. Shadows and highlights add a lot of detail and depth to pieces and is really quick and easy to do once you get the hang of it. Switch it up and always try new things it is how you grow. I will keep my eye on you. These images really remind me of my first attempts at digital art. Brings back memories :) good luck!

@Chief:

> You should really be doing this pixel by pixel, and not with filters, gradients, etc.

^this

Pixeling is much more rewarding since you get to learn the basics of art, compared to just having a program render all of it for you. However, if you were making banners/ads then it would be a different story.