Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

D34DPΦΦL's Pixel Service

Kiliage

@D34DPΦΦL™:

> You give me tips?,i didnt show any of my pixel art works… i just show drawings.

@D34DPΦΦL™:

> huh… it's a 1min work... lol i made it just for decoration... -.-

so?
its still showing your pixel work.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@D34DPΦΦL™:

> You give me tips?,i didnt show any of my pixel art works… i just show drawings.

I didn't say anything about tips. I said working together. I feel like you have quite the attitude and are very defensive. No matter how good you are there is normally someone better, so don't take what these ppl say personally they just think u could use some work, as they told me when I posted the video of my game. Everyone can use some work. I was offering you a chance to have someone who isn't going to just leach you for custom gfx, I just thought the idea of having someone work with me would be fun, I don't NEED any help what so ever. Your acting like your some kind of professional that is looking for a job, that doesn't want his work questioned.

@kyoghin:

> I use over 20 colors when I do my sprites so I guess I'm doing it wrong. I think you need to go back and reread carefully the definition of pixel art..(Hint: There's a reason why it's called PIXEL art).

Pixel art is when you use pixels to draw art with, but in paint you can use brushes/pencil tools to draw things. I still think there both similar enough to be considered the same thing.

Little colors means don't use lots of colors, his art seems like it doesn't have enough colors. I was giving an example of why it is considered like pixel art.

@D34DPΦΦL™:

> Not rly,they are specially for side scrollers,so i tried to make it contrast.

why do you take it so personal when anyone offers you help by saying your stuff needs work? Your stuff shows very little depth. The shading is very basic.. You need to hue shade, there is no detail in any of your items what so ever. It looks like you threwe everything together in ten mins. And unlike the guy about I don't think anyone will work with you if you keep up the attitude. If you let me add me on MSN and I'll show you a little of whst I know. Note I'm nothing great but I can show you a few things with pallet's and hue shading Chief showed me (even if I don't use a pallet myself XD).

[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/b306eb6e9f68829ebc4efe0fa83522b8.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#b306eb6e9f68829ebc4efe0fa83522b8.png)

OK, I'm not saying my sword looks good, (It took me (Yes, I timed myself) 3 minutes 26 seconds.) but you should know about **tints and shade**, and how to utilise them for detail.
Remember, that tints are lighter colours, and shades are darker colours, and if you use a light point, to a vanishing point, you can apply this better on a gradient.
Notice the difference?

I technically did use a gradient, but I then took it to another level by adding reflection, and depth.

Oh and:
TIP: Items generally look better at a 45o angle.

EDIT:
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/7846d501b60b6a3f647498ca83b55786.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#7846d501b60b6a3f647498ca83b55786.png)

Copy this into your program, and do this as a small tonal study. Post what you do back here, and hopefully you'll've listened to me. Do it from the light source, and use any colour you like.

> Remember, that tones are lighter colours, and shades are darker colours

That is kind of a chopped version of color theory… Shades are when you add black to a color. Tint is when you add white to a color. Tone is actually when you add black and white to a color(grey).

Stop going for the gradient effect, it's terrible for pixel art, that's one reason why you're getting so much negative feedback from people. Go look up dithering for pixel art and learn how to do it. It's extremely simple to learn and there's tons of tutorials out there.