Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Terraria

Myron

I'm just going to leave this here…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uOhFTrrq0

This game is released on steam for 9,99 $.

**Official website**: [Terraria](http://terraria.org/)
**Unofficial forum**: [Terraria Forum](http://www.terrariaonline.com/forum/)

**Summary**:

Grab your tools and go! You can do many things in Terraria: make weapons and fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes, dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things, gather wood, stone, ores, and other resources to create everything you need to make the world your own and defend it. Build a house, a fort, even a castle, and people will move in to live there and perhaps even sell you different wares to assist you on your journey. But beware, there are even more challenges awaiting you… Are you up to the task?

**May 18th Edit: Replaced the old trailer with the new one.**

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Killia or Havox was talking about this in Fridaycraft. It looks interesting. If it's a $10 beta I'll probably skip it, but if it's free with some multiplayer I might switch to it (to play with Gwen if she's interested).

So yeah, looks neat, but I have enough stuff to entertain me atm.

@Rusher:

> No.. Not that at all.
> Trust me, if you start saying that in the forums, members will throw body's on you.

It's impossible to make a block-based survival game now without being compared to Minecraft. :\

That's correct.. But it's been a bit tense on the forums. More and more people, coming in whining about when the game's released or why that they didn't get to test the game. The makers of Terraria send a 'copy' of the game to some 'famous' LP'ers to make some publicity.

When Yogcast received the game and made a LP of it, they called it a '2D Minecraft', basically feeding the little kids with more reason to believe it is a 2D Minecraft. Not to forget that the forum's members are also tense because when the game's released they will probably all get topics like: 'I found some lava' or 'I killed a boss'.

It just kind of shows how some people are immature these days. Minecraft's forums is a whole mess with the trolls and those kids whining, it just pains me to see how this could happen to a great community Terraria has at the moment.

Anyway, news about the release date are here:

> **It seems like overnight Terraria has become a bit of an internet sensation, and people are buzzing about when Terraria will be available. Do you have anything to say to them in regards to a prospective release date or a price?**
> Currently we are aiming for a release sometime between May and July of this year. And the more hype we hear, the more we will endeavor to get it out even sooner. As for the price, we are leaning towards the range of 5-20 Dollars.

For the whole interview with Terraria's maker, Redigit (Andrew Spinks) see the link below.
[http://nightmaremode.net/2011/05/02/interview-with-andrew-spinks-designer-behind-terraria/](http://nightmaremode.net/2011/05/02/interview-with-andrew-spinks-designer-behind-terraria/)

• 2 weeks later...
I actually like the attempt of giving the _survival_ fad, that has been hanging around for a long time now, a new cover: side-scrolling. There are a few problems I have with that, though. Some items, abilities, etc. might be out of place, like Robin mentioned. Therefore I hope they actually deal with that appropriately. But that's not my major concern, my major concern is that all these games don't seem to deal with the purpose motor that's rooted deeply into humans. Minecraft has attempted to resolve this by introducing objectives, and has actually failed. A game that doesn't really have any goals, a storyline, etc. can be interesting, but is just as interesting as the Sims; it depends on whether you like _sandbox_ games or not, and I somewhat don't. Nevertheless, it seems like a fun game to play.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@S.J.R.:

> I actually like the attempt of giving the _survival_ fad, that has been hanging around for a long time now, a new cover: side-scrolling. There are a few problems I have with that, though. Some items, abilities, etc. might be out of place, like Robin mentioned. Therefore I hope they actually deal with that appropriately. But that's not my major concern, my major concern is that all these games don't seem to deal with the purpose motor that's rooted deeply into humans. Minecraft has attempted to resolve this by introducing objectives, and has actually failed. A game that doesn't really have any goals, a storyline, etc. can be interesting, but is just as interesting as the Sims; it depends on whether you like _sandbox_ games or not, and I somewhat don't. Nevertheless, it seems like a fun game to play.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

I agree that it's a taste thing, but some people, like me, love sandbox games and enjoy making our OWN objectives.

Neh, bought it. Even though I dislike Steam for so many reasons.
- One being, I have to install the game everytime I start it up.
- I need to be **online** to play **offline**.
- When I shutdown my laptop and started it up again and started up Terraria, it said I logged into a new computer, which I didn't, so I had to login at my email and get the Confirmation code.

Nonetheless, it keeps you busy, but this game's purpose is leaning towards Multiplayer, not Singleplayer. And I don't know even one person of my friends, who would even consider playing this.

Need to renew the trailer though, since they made a new one, with the new sprites.

Edit: Modified the first post.

Rushikins I think the "new computer" was an update to steam. Probably because of Playstation and the trouble they had since they integrated ps with steam. I installed steam the other day and then logged out. I don't turn off my computer and the next day (yesterday) it said I logged on from a new computer.