Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SuperBoxBoy // iPhone Android WP7 // TBD

Punika

Actually it's NOT possible to compare SUperBoxBoy to SuperMeatBoy. It's only the name that sounds familiar. But even on the first look you see so many differences. It's more like a mix of SUperMario and some other generic plattformers.

@Konsty:

> Actually it's NOT possible to compare SUperBoxBoy to SuperMeatBoy. It's only the name that sounds familiar. But even on the first look you see so many differences. It's more like a mix of SUperMario and some other generic plattformers.

I really meant the difficulty, like I think it would be fun to make really hard mode.

So guys, actually we are doing some polishing on the game.
Also the first boss is nearly done.

To have a raw idea of the game itself I made a short video.
FInetuning for the gameplay is NOT done. This version is only for us developers so we can check all features and edit them.

Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1c0u-Sxq7w&feature=channel_video_title

@S.J.R.:

> No, the iPhone only supports ObjC and C/C++ and the Android only "Google Java" and C/C++. With .net you're only going to support Microsoft Windows Phone 7 (since Microsoft decided to only support VB.net and C#.net for that platform, whereas Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 actually supports C/C++).
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

I plan to use http://andrewrussell.net/exen/ initally to see how it works out and if the porting and gameplay it smooth on the iPhone and android platforms. Which could swing either way with certain features not working etc. If this becomes tedious or unplayable then I will port the code to the proper SDKs for each platform and update  each game seperately.

I would also like to release on one platform first to see how it goes and maybe generate at least a little bit of hype before releasing on another platform.

I'm also leaning more towards ad based revenue, not sure yet though.

@Schnurman:

> Ah, alright, sounds fun. Can't wait for it. Just try to make it addicting and kind of hard like angry birds or again super meat boy. That way people will be hooked then it will get alot of sales.

Yeah the game is incredibly simple but I may just be tired but I sometimes find the game very hard :P even though you only have to get 3 coins to get to the next level (in the test versions) so we'll see how it goes, might have to tone it down for phones should get my WP7 handset soon though so I can fully test it instead of just the wp7 emulator :)

• 2 weeks later...
Well there has been a few updates now.
I finally got my WP7 the other week so it now works on that perfectly with the touch screen, I have done saving and loading (automatic) and the level select with levels unlocking as you get to them, finished the boss level and also done global high scores.

As well as several little tweaks to gameplay to make it a little bit easier for the phone.

• 1 month later...
I do think the names are slightly similar and at a stretch the graphics styles is kind of similar. But how are you going to go about getting a license etc to put your app on the Appstore? Because it costs like a 100 quid a year or something ridiculous

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...