Eclipse Origins Automata

Ruins of Hell

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Helladen:

> -snip-

Talk about burning your own bloody ladders. You worked your way up by completely relying on other people. Now you're saying you refuse to do the same thing for other people? Hypocrisy.

Get your head out of your arse. It's not like you've actually given anything to this community in the first place. We're hardly going to lose sleep just because you're going to keep acting the exact same way as before.

I was just giving my opinion. It's good to have it, wasn't saying not to do it because I refuse to use it. I just don't believe in it that's all.

Also I have given a bit to this community, sure I don't write guides and still not very experienced at Visual Basic 6.

@Helladen:

> I was just giving my opinion. It's good to have it, wasn't saying not to do it because I refuse to use it. I just don't believe in it that's all.

No, a flawed opinion is none at all. Hell, let's just not build anymore computers, because otherwise people will become too dependent on us making them. Let's just give them the parts! No.

This is great for hot-fixes, programming-illiterate people, and people who don't speak English at _all_.

@Helladen:

> There is no such thing as a flawed opinion. An opinion is whatever an individual thinks whether you believe their ideas or not.

You're right, an opinion can't be flawed. The truth is I'm going to completely discard your opinion because it's just that, an opinion. Go get some facts.

On a more optimistic note, I've updated the online toolkit to be (somewhat) less confounded. It now actually allows you to build on the code rather than just having it one line at a time. [Lightning's spell fix can be found on the repo, personally approved and compiled.](http://automata.freemmorpgmaker.com/repo/exe/lightning-spell-fix.exe) I encourage you to port code over now, it should be a somewhat easier.

@Helladen:

> There is no such thing as a flawed opinion. An opinion is whatever an individual thinks whether you believe their ideas or not.

Yes there is. It was Adolf's opinion that there was a supreme race and that all Jews should be killed. That's a flawed opinion because it's stupid. Same thing applies to your opinion.

Just because you're making something more accessible doesn't mean you're dumbing it down. Hell, if this works then I'll stop getting the _thousands_ of PMs I get asking how to add in certain systems or complaining that they didn't add a tutorial in properly.

Being an elitist over the matter is just stupid, especially as you're the one who's spent the last couple years of his life relying on _my_ source code, _my_ documentation and _my_ help. Would you rather I just stop doing all these things for people because it's "making people entitled?"

Get your head out of your arse, Seth.

Lol who told you my name? ;3

But I don't know, it's a good idea. I wasn't saying it was bad or anything, I just don't agree with it. Sometimes making things too easy can make people rely too much on a system. When it's not there then people will complain and so on. But my opinion doesn't mean anything. I was just sharing my beliefs.

Just because most people like something and support it doesn't mean I have to. My opinion is my own, something can seem flawed to you but your perspective could be flawed all together. So there is no true flaw interpretation of an opinion.

@cpunerd96:

> I'm with you, man.  Your opinion isn't flawed. I don't agree with it, but I understand where it's coming from and I think it will, to a certain extent, make the community more dependent on good programmers.

Nice job on, although it may be seen differently elsewhere, the use of weasel words, for the most part, in places where, although it can be debated, should not have been used, unless, of course, the author wanted not to start a fight, in which case, it would be OK, so long as those words did not provoke a fight, even though this is usually not the case.

**tl;dr**: pick a side, don't use too many contradicting clauses.

@Helladen:

> -blasphemy-

Then stop spamming up this topic. If you're not going to use it, good for you. If somebody who actually has something _worth_ releasing requested something, I would look into it, especially if they provided details.

People willing to learn are going to learn, regardless of this utilities existence.

People unwilling to learn are not going to learn, regardless of this utilities existence.

People are neither going to get better OR worse at programming by using this utility (given they have the correct mindset)

It's a glorified Copy-pasta to save time x_x, that's pretty much all there is to it. lol

There really isn't much benefit to doing it yourself*, especially since it's said to log changes. Copy-pasta-ing never just injected new knowledge into anyone's mind x_x
* (this is excluding bugs in the utility, which would then bewilder people when it DIDN'T work.)

Awesome work Soul =D. I'll be using this here shortly with my 2 new systems ^_^

@Soul:

> Nice job on, although it may be seen differently elsewhere, the use of weasel words, for the most part, in places where, although it can be debated, should not have been used, unless, of course, the author wanted not to start a fight, in which case, it would be OK, so long as those words did not provoke a fight, even though this is usually not the case.

Very funny…

A problem with this, is that if one feature changes some source already changed from another feature, it will automatically over-write that code. That's the beauty of writing things by hand, so you can check these problems and adjust the code accordingly without going back trying to find what it changed to cause problems with another feature.

@Xlithan:

> A problem with this, is that if one feature changes some source already changed from another feature, it will automatically over-write that code. That's the beauty of writing things by hand, so you can check these problems and adjust the code accordingly without going back trying to find what it changed to cause problems with another feature.

Err… no. This program will never overwrite nor remove _modified_ code. It may remove a default code that is needed by another feature, which is the worst case scenario.

@Xlithan:

> A problem with this, is that if one feature changes some source already changed from another feature, it will automatically over-write that code. That's the beauty of writing things by hand, so you can check these problems and adjust the code accordingly without going back trying to find what it changed to cause problems with another feature.

Did you bother reading how it works? No. No you did not.

@Ryochi:

> so basically this engine makes source programming faster instead of normal source programming?or do you have to convert all of the normal source programming to autoit?

wat. This isn't an engine. It does not make source programming faster. Anybody who creates a source edit can easily share it by using this code, which automates the process of adding it in to Eclipse Origins' source. Nothing else.

This seems pretty useful and simple. Haven't checked yet but are there any other tutorials add yet besides Lightnings spell fix? Thanks for releasing Soul. I'm looking forward to seeing how far this thing goes.

EDIT: Just checked and and yeah thats the only one so far. Anyways, can't wait to see more.

@Zetasis:

> This seems pretty useful and simple. Haven't checked yet but are there any other tutorials add yet besides Lightnings spell fix? Thanks for releasing Soul. I'm looking forward to seeing how far this thing goes.
>
> EDIT: Just checked and and yeah thats the only one so far. Anyways, can't wait to see more.

I ported over Robin's Hotbar fix as well, but the real problem with this is that not enough people are using it.